share rss forum feed

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to fifty nine

Re: Gas line extension

said by fifty nine:

I find it amazing that they wouldn't even advertise or offer this. But this is where we are. Has anyone had any experience with getting a gas company to expand their service area?

I realize it's a long shot but the fact that there's a main already is encouraging.

No. This isn't communism, this is deregulation. In America, you are lucky you have power (thanks Communist WPA for giving us power outside of grassless cities a century ago.). I'll just tell you what they will charge, for a buried utility $1K to $2K per 100 feet. Minimum charge $10K. Overhead utility $500 to $1.5K per 100 feet. If your state requires off duty cops to be rented for any public road construction, that is the high end rage of my estimates. The price is for any utility company. That includes their corporate profit/defense contractor pricing. If you sign a contract for natural gas of 10 years or more they will let you pay (construction cost-10 years of distribution fees) instead of construction cost according to »www.pseg.com/family/pseandg/tari···riff.pdf .