spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

exTBuser2

@comcast.net

Finally say goodbye to teleblend

I am the person who grabbed the last ticket to the TG party last year mentioned here:

»Yes, I haven't changed yet from Teleblend

I decided to leave TB. I had been with them since the day when it was known as Sunrocket.

Overall the service was fine and reliable (for me at least). the only complaint I had was that their billing system. Each month it would say I owed them more and more money even though I paid the due each month. The problem was that their system bills you several months ahead. For example, as of today, they already have the bill of May, 2013 available under my account. When I closed the account, they said they knew about the problem (of course they knew as I reported a year ago too). But they did not seem to care.

Other than that, it was a ride I'd say I was satisfied. paid about $19.97 each month (including $6.50 tax and fee).

Porting # away from them was smooth, and no issue at all.

I guess there will be one less in this year's TG party.

ddrant

join:2010-03-02
Womelsdorf, PA

Who'd you switch to? I'm still with Teleblend as well since the Sunrocket days, at least 6+ years now, but am finding the current $19+ hard to justify anymore as the bill has creeped higher and higher over time as the fees increased. Thinking about porting over to VOIPo or PhonePower.

exTBuser2

@comcast.net

I actually switched to Google Voice (with an obi box). After a week, I can tell the voice quality is better (and echoing is hardly there). The entire number porting (via T-Mobile prepaid) took about 4 days (from Friday pm to Tue pm).

Overall, the switch was pretty smooth. The only thing that I miss is the caller ID (as google voice only sent phone # but not name). But I guess that is the small price to pay for such great/free service (now I have to use the phone's phonebook feature to add people). I called international a lot, and GV's rate is very competitive too (slightly lower than teleblend too).

said by ddrant:

Who'd you switch to? I'm still with Teleblend as well since the Sunrocket days, at least 6+ years now, but am finding the current $19+ hard to justify anymore as the bill has creeped higher and higher over time as the fees increased. Thinking about porting over to VOIPo or PhonePower.

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
reply to exTBuser2

My ISP has just started offering Fusion by Sonic.
I will have a regular phone number just not run by ATT but at their office. It will be unlimited like VoIP setup.

My connection will remain a DSL one with up to 20 megs down and a couple up. I will probably see 10 megs down and 1 up I was told by them.

I will port my Teleblend number too in a while. I'll keep it till I do.

Now, all I have to do is REALLY DO IT.

You know, people get comfortable and don't like change....that's why I have been with them since the Sunrocket days.

The cost will be $39.99 mo. plus tax. It will be $1 different than my VoIp and current ISP bill is. There will be about $14.00 in taxes.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

From the frying pan into the fire?!?!

said by zbestwun2001:

My ISP has just started offering Fusion by Sonic...
...It will be unlimited like VoIP setup...

The cost will be $39.99 mo. plus tax. It will be $1 different than my VoIp and current ISP bill is. There will be about $14.00 in taxes.

This post is meant to be informative, not provocative, as the topic herein is that of looking to move from TeleBlend to another "Voip" provider.

Pardon a naive question ... but how does one justify switching from TeleBlend to Fusion by Sonic's "unlimited like VoIP setup" ... costing ~$40 per month, that's $480 annually, including outrageous taxes and fees ... when you have much less expensive and much more feature-rich providers options?

Rather than risk posting a message that might be deemed off topic to this SubForum discussion, may I direct you to this thread in the main VOIP Tech Forum?

»[General] Overview of Current Popular VoIP Providers' Offerings

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

said by N9MD:

said by zbestwun2001:

Pardon a naive question ... but how does one justify switching from TeleBlend to Fusion by Sonic's "unlimited like VoIP setup" ... costing ~$40 per month, that's $480 annually, including outrageous taxes and fees ... when you have much less expensive and much more feature-rich providers options?

Rather than risk posting a message that might be deemed off topic to this SubForum discussion, may I direct you to this thread in the main VOIP Tech Forum

»[General] Overview of Current Popular VoIP Providers' Offerings

OH simple, sorry I didn't include it. It also includes a phone number, (unlimited like VoIP) nationwide and cheap international rates. Now this new phone number isn't a VoIP number and is not dependent on the net being up. It's a hardline number with the switching equipment in my local phone co. CO. The phone number has all the features you are accustom to with VoIP.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

said by zbestwun2001:

...It also includes a phone number, (unlimited like VoIP) nationwide and cheap international rates. Now this new phone number isn't a VoIP number and is not dependent on the net being up. It's a hardline number with the switching equipment in my local phone co. CO. The phone number has all the features you are accustom to with VoIP.

OK, I understand the "difference" in the communications pathway, i.e., via PSTN. However, is your internet connection so fickle/unpredictable that you are willing to spend $480 annually for the one DID account ... rather than pay something like $70 to $100 per year with a true VoIP provider with the same (or better) service, support and features? ... I'm just curious.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

said by N9MD:

OK, I understand the "difference" in the communications pathway, i.e., via PSTN. However, is your internet connection so fickle/unpredictable that you are willing to spend $480 annually for the one DID account ... rather than pay something like $70 to $100 per year with a true VoIP provider with the same (or better) service, support and features? ... I'm just curious.

I don't understand where you're coming from ?
I pay $34.xx a month for my internet
I pay around $18xx for Teleblend a month.

You do the math, all I am saying is the total between the above and paying Teleblend and my ISP separately is nil, PLUS, my d/l speed will double at least maybe triple. My upload speed will at least will double.

(I don't know what at DID is).

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

Oops!

Oops!  My bad.  I missed the fact that you were combining your Internet Service charges with your new Phone Service charges: "The cost will be $39.99 mo. plus tax.  It will be $1 different than my VoIp and current ISP bill is."  Essentially you are "bundling" the ISP and Phone service, a point which I did not process in my sleep-fogged brain.

Now I get it!!

Is this $1 extra for phone service a short term rate ... i.e., three months, then the price goes up ... or is it permanent?

Incidentally, DID is just the term we use instead of "telephone number" ... Direct Inward Dialing.

Apologies for my confusion.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

This is not a promo offer, this is the regular price...

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL

+1 ... or is it 1+ ... I even get that confused!

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

said by N9MD:

+1 ... or is it 1+ ... I even get that confused!

Get it together !!!

Switched

@cox.net
reply to exTBuser2

Re: Finally say goodbye to teleblend

I switched to Wiretap Telecom