how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

minoe

join:2003-11-11
St George Brant, ON
reply to minoe

Re: [General] voip.ms Ping vs. routing

Lots of useful info here. Thanks for your thoughts.

Further to the question of jitter testing, how is it possible to test jitter to a specific location. I've use the pingtest.net and myvoipspeed tests but they only really test the front end of my internet connection, or the connection to their servers.
Are there tools that allow jitter testing of routes to the voip.ms servers?

adatech

join:2010-04-23

I typically will register to a specific server and dial the voip.ms echo test (4443). Play some music into the receiver, and monitor the call status on my Obi for 5-10 minutes.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

said by adatech:

I typically will register to a specific server and dial the voip.ms echo test (4443). Play some music into the receiver, and monitor the call status on my Obi for 5-10 minutes.

That's a good test and you can pretty much listen to realtime latency and how's your sound input with your MIC or Phone.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

MartinM See Profile, I think for those of us, who don't use OBi, it'd be nice if you offered a simple application, that makes a test call to SIP server using your dedicated test account, sending specific test audio stream back and forth, measures stats and report them back to user. Application could be based on any free SIP stacks available around. No OBi device or using some personal account would be required. And the test results would be actually accurate. I guess we'd all appreciate such tool, offered by your service
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...