spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mrherbdaily

join:2013-02-06

TWC scientific atlanta explorer 4250HDC - Sleep timer?

Does anyone know if this box has a sleep timer? I want to set it up to turn off after my TV turns off on timer.

Thanks.

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC

The closest thing it has to a sleep timer is power save mode, which powers off the box after 4 hours of inactivity. To enable this , go to Settings > Timer > Power Save Mode > Select (should now show Status: On).

mrherbdaily

join:2013-02-06

Thanks for the reply. While going through all the menus, I went to Settings>Devices and in that menu there is a Timer:Sleep setting and also a Power Off Timer setting. What's the difference, and will either one of these settings turn the box off?

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms

I forgot about those settings. The power off timer would go off every time it is scheduled, and the sleep timer is one time. Both of them should turn the box off.

Power save mode is always active, so you don't have to remember to go in and set it up, and you don't have to worry about the box turning itself if if you are watching TV later than normal (as long as you change channels or use some other cable box related function on the remote every 4 hours)

It is really just a matter of personal preference.

At the end of the day, the boxes never power off completely, so I tend not to worry about turning them off very often in the first place.