Search similar:

uniqs
hippie234
join:2005-07-23
Walbridge, OH

4 edits

hippie234

mlb.tv "in network" = VPN ?

Please for give my lack of knowledge im simply trying to watch baseball this season, but im considered "in network"(subject to blackouts) so i can not stream and cable provider does not have channel available. looking to use computer and WD TV Live streamer. What would be the best method and server to spoof mlb.tv so I will appear out of network and then be able to stream? I also travel to other spots "in network" and would also like to get the games on laptop or phone. Looking at Strong VPN Server would I need the open vpn or would the pptp work. i have a linksys WRT54GS router which I think I can use to tunnel my network through the vpn . Would also like to be able to reroute through my normal connection easily as to not negatively effect speed all the time. I know this is a lot just looking for the best option and to see what is possible.
Any help you could provide in this would be great.
Thanks for your time,
Hippie
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Welcome to DSLR and thanks for registering.

You didn't mention who your ISP/TV provider is but there are forums here for many of the major cable and DSL providers which may be better suited to answering your question specifically for your ISP.

»US ISPs cable

»US Telco Support

Good luck
hippie234
join:2005-07-23
Walbridge, OH

1 edit

hippie234

ISP is time warner, mlb.tv streams through data connection but will block you if you are in network, My cable does not provide the channel I need
hippie234

hippie234

Any suggestions,Help
Hippie