join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Guspaz

Re: Google Fiber

said by Guspaz:

I can't speak for Mobilicity, but Public Mobile has been doing pretty darned well for themselves... More than half as many customers as Wind despite spending a fraction as much money (due to 90% lower spectrum costs).

For what it's worth, Public Mobile is the only non-incumbent new entrant that is expanding their network beyond what it was when they launched.

2012 was supposed to be build year for Mobilicity. Hah, sure. They still don't cover all of the GTA. No idea how they're even still around.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·WIND Mobile

Are you sure about that?

WIND's network has steadily been expanding outwards from the GTA... it's not as great as I would like, but they started being Toronto only, and are now in most provinces as well as having an expanding presence north and south of the GTA in Ontario.

Again it ain't super, but compared to 2009, it's much bigger.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

I said Mobilicity, not Wind. Wind has grown considerably from where they were in 2009. Mobilicity has not.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Public Mobile is the only non-incumbent new entrant that is expanding their network beyond what it was when they launched.

WIND is a non-incumbent new entrant. They are expanding their network. You didn't limit your statement to Mobilicity.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Shit yeah I see the mistake I made. I forgot to say "other than Wind"

The point being, Wind and Public Mobile have grown. Mobilicity has not.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·WIND Mobile
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

I said Mobilicity, not Wind. Wind has grown considerably from where they were in 2009. Mobilicity has not.

I must've read that wrong... I thought you said everyone other than Public was at a standstill.

No such thing as too much coffee...
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to DanteX

To be honest, I'm surprised that the Mobilicity/Wind merger hasn't happened yet. Mobilicity doesn't seem to be doing so hot from their standpoint, so you'd think they'd realize their future was bleak, and from Wind's perspective they'd get a ton of extra spectrum (less congestion), towers (better coverage even in existing areas), and customers (instant jump to 1.5x customer count)...

Public Mobile and Wind are very different in terms of technology, pricing/packages, target market. But Wind and Mobilicity aren't, they're basically the same, and a merger would make a lot of sense...
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to El Quintron

said by El Quintron:

I must've read that wrong... I thought you said everyone other than Public was at a standstill.

No such thing as too much coffee...

Naw, you read it right. *I* was the one who was short on coffee

DoctorT

join:2011-07-23
St Catharines, ON
reply to DanteX

Here's a petition that I found to bring Google Fiber to Canada.
It's kind of old but it's still going!

»avaaz.org/en/petition/Bring_Goog···o_Canada

Immortal

join:2009-09-04
Milton, ON
reply to DanteX

If only this meant something: »business.financialpost.com/2013/···aterloo/