spc
uniqs

systemq
@dslextreme.com

systemq to El Quintron

Anon

to El Quintron

Re: Hackintosh Hand-Holding

Do I need to be a current Mac owner to buy a Mac OS DVD from Apple and put it on a Windows machine? Kinda got lost with this discussion. It says to buy it from the Mac App Store but I don't have Mac to have the app store. Catch-22.

But before I spend money on anything I will need to try it out. Best Buy's sales were annoying and never left me alone, one day when I'm in an area with those huge Apple Stores that I see on TV I will drop by there.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

You dont need to own a mac as far as I know.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by me1212:

I don't believe so either... my wife just upgraded hers, so I can download a backup copy I'm assuming you can just download the ISO after you shell out the $20, but I'm not 100% sure.

systemq
@dslextreme.com

systemq

Anon

The operating system costs $20? I would order that now. I can't find it in the store section of apple's website. Could you kindly advise where it is please.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by me1212:

I don't believe so either... my wife just upgraded hers, so I can download a backup copy I'm assuming you can just download the ISO after you shell out the $20, but I'm not 100% sure.

No, they courier you the DVD, or you take your proof of purchase into an Apple Store, and they load it onto your Mac directly from their server (which, for obvious reasons, wouldn't be an option... )

»store.apple.com/ca/produ ··· -leopard

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer

said by LazMan:

No, they courier you the DVD, or you take your proof of purchase into an Apple Store, and they load it onto your Mac directly from their server (which, for obvious reasons, wouldn't be an option... )

»store.apple.com/ca/produ ··· -leopard

Snow Leopard is the last OS they offer on DVD. To get Mountain Lion legitimately, one needs to download it via the App Store on a Snow Leopard-running machine.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to systemq

to systemq
Guide to make a installer for Mtn Lion.

»arstechnica.com/apple/20 ··· ll-disk/

And if you feel guilty, just get a dead mac with an intel chip... then you will meet the licence requirements