how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

How is Rutledge a Disaster?

They've massively increased their internet speeds and HD offerings, pretty much abandoned bandwidth caps, and streamlined their television and internet packages to cost less compared to other companies.

Rutledge has done a great job, IMO.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

How much you want to guess that Tom Rutledge is behind this "fluffing"? LOL

Mr. Tom "Chopper" Rutledge has only been on the job for about a year now. So actually that profitable quarter is mostly the work of PREVIOUS CEO Mr. Mike Lovett.

With all the hard nosed, take or leave it nonsense from this brass tack and his executive manglement team it looks to me like things can only get worse at Charter. Tom is trying to make an "Apple" out of Charter and that just ain't possible, they have neither the product or cache, of the fruit company, nor the legions of Apple zombies that have loads of daddy's money to spend on those chinese made pieces of iCrap. The take it or leave it approach that Tom is trying to impose on his customers is GOING to backfire.

Just look at what happened to Ron Johnson, the Apple Genius that was hired by JCP to make them the "apple" of middle segment department stores, of course he stopped any discounts, and raised prices quite high...Well he got a lot of egg on his face because surprise surprise CEO Johnson is doing a turn about and reinstating discounts and competitive prices now that the ridiculous foray into mindless greed has passed and sanity has once again hit home.Sure they won't make stupid profit that apple does but they will make a profit.

The thought of paying for Mr. Rutledge's daily chopper ride between his home and office around NYC is sickening and I will not be contributing to it as a customer.

You see the economy on Wall Street is NOT the economy on
main street.

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA
kudos:1

what a apple hater. your whole post was attack on someone who's name you shouldnt even know unless your a nerd looking to vent against someone. Move along.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Os

said by Os:

They've massively increased their internet speeds and HD offerings, pretty much abandoned bandwidth caps, and streamlined their television and internet packages to cost less compared to other companies.

Rutledge has done a great job, IMO.

Sure they've "massively" increased speeds even though still no where near any other cable providers speeds. HD offerings are next to nothing, as far as offering anything new either, IMO. They've NEVER enforced caps either, so that's nothing either. Streamlined their tv and internet packages? Now I KNOW you're smoking some really low grade stuff! The only thing they've done their is take away channels and any option, for HSI, you might have had before!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Jazzemt

join:2009-02-12
USA

Please show how much better other cable providers speeds are. 100+ channels of HD is next to nothing? And yes they enforced caps. My neighbor was booted due to blowing over the cap about 4 months in a row.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to 15444104

said by 15444104:

The thought of paying for Mr. Rutledge's daily chopper ride between his home and office around NYC is sickening and I will not be contributing to it as a customer.

Unless you were a Cablevision customer before 2012 you didn't contribute to it.

Rutledge never helicopter'd around NYC for Charter, since their HQ was in Missouri and just recently moved to Connecticut. He did it when he was CEO of Cablevision, since he lives in Connecticut and their HQ was in NYC before leaving in early 2012.
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, back it up... Somethimes 99.999% availability isn't even good enough.