spc
uniqs
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to Guspaz

to Guspaz

Re: New 15/10 from bell?

said by Guspaz:

Moving from 15/10 to 25/10 should just be a profile change, but Bell will bill the full ~$114 activation fee (FTTN activation fee and dry loop activation fee) and dispatch two technicians, even though it's just a profile change at the same tariff pricepoint.

Yeah, I'm not amused at the moment.

Sounds like a legit complain to bring to the CRTC.

At the very least, we may get to learn about further per-line network conditioning required for faster VDSL2 tiers - Bell was quite upset about the CRTC denying past preemptive bulk network conditioning costs so I'm guessing they are eager to catch up on piecewise conditioning and avoid further CRTC rejection about that.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

You know, I was reading the new Bell tariffs (TN7376, eff. Feb. 13) the other day, and your comments here made me go back and re-read one section. They have re-worded one of their charges paragraphs, so VDSL-to-VDSL changes MIGHT not be hit with the big charge...
~~~~~
Note 2: The service charge applies on each GAS-FTTN initial installation, and on all subsequent speed upgrades which require the use of the Company's VDSL modem and where the end-user cannot upgrade their speed without a change in modem or a customer premises visit. For all subsequent speed upgrades which require the use of the Company's VDSL modem and where the end-user does not require a change in modem or a customer premises visit, the Administration Fee per end-user applies, except if the customer requests a full installation for the speed upgrade in which case the service charge applies.
~~~~~
Emphasis was put there by me.

What do you think? Simple Admin Fee for 15/10 to 25/10 or 50/10? VDSL modem is already present; no premises visit required.

Of course, the ISP's have to also see it that way too, so they don't charge the full service charge. I would imagine they would have to get this confirmed with Bell.