Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON
reply to InvalidError

Re: New 15/10 from bell?

You know, I was reading the new Bell tariffs (TN7376, eff. Feb. 13) the other day, and your comments here made me go back and re-read one section. They have re-worded one of their charges paragraphs, so VDSL-to-VDSL changes MIGHT not be hit with the big charge...
~~~~~
Note 2: The service charge applies on each GAS-FTTN initial installation, and on all subsequent speed upgrades which require the use of the Company's VDSL modem and where the end-user cannot upgrade their speed without a change in modem or a customer premises visit. For all subsequent speed upgrades which require the use of the Company's VDSL modem and where the end-user does not require a change in modem or a customer premises visit, the Administration Fee per end-user applies, except if the customer requests a full installation for the speed upgrade in which case the service charge applies.
~~~~~
Emphasis was put there by me.

What do you think? Simple Admin Fee for 15/10 to 25/10 or 50/10? VDSL modem is already present; no premises visit required.

Of course, the ISP's have to also see it that way too, so they don't charge the full service charge. I would imagine they would have to get this confirmed with Bell.