uniqs
share rss forum feed

zevus

join:2010-11-29
Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit

[Embarq] Code red emergency in Chandler, Tx possibly Flint area?

Click for full size
what's this i see? it looks like some oversold bandwidth

chandler area. unsure if it applies to all of the flint division

do we get to wait 1 1/2 years again?

nooooooooo, not northland!1

zevus

Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit

Re: [Embarq] Code red emergency in Chandler, Tx possibly Flint a

Click for full size
a friendly reminder of 2011. i cancelled at this point, i heard it got fixed in April (i cancelled in Jan)
oh, by the by

it took approx. 20 months from their upgrades to become crap again. just to give a timeframe

so if you just got upgraded, recommend to your friends for the next 8 months or so

Hazy Arc

join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC
reply to zevus

And I thought my connection was bad. At least during the evening my RTTs rarely go above 100ms. You have my sympathy, sir.

catfree

@173.209.3.x
reply to zevus

We live in Edom, TX and are seeing the same type of problems. Do you know if the same issues you are seeing in Chandler would also effect Edom?

thanks
catfree

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to zevus

Hey zevus, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I wanted to reach out to you again, and offer to review your DSL line for any issues. If we are actually having issues in your area, I'll check on time frames on the resolution.

If you would like my assistance, send me your information via our online webform, and I'll see what I can find: »bit.ly/IArNlt

Thanks,
B
CenturyLink Help Team

zevus

Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Hazy Arc

Click for full size
Feb 7th
It's only about half as bad as it was during those few months before I cancelled at the end of 2010 and January of 2011.

I bet it is related to that problem in Edom. I get the same thing, 'bandwidth exhaust', since I first noticed it start happening again in... probably November or so. It only recently started getting horribly bad, though.

I haven't been on the computer since 11AM, so virtually no network activity (just my pings and the stuff coming from smokeping) and here's the chart for the last 24hrs (oh, I set packetloss to scale to 10% since this is local packetloss, the packetloss you'd get to my IP from some remote site would be a lot more... w/ it set to 10% the scale is probably pretty accurate if you used the red lines as an absolute % of 100 from a remote site).

B, I sent the info through that form.

zevus

Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to zevus

Click for full size
some mysterious event occurs at 4pm
A nice snapshot of the 3:45-4:45PM or so.

B responded that it was, indeed, bandwidth exhaust (and gave me a credit, thanks for that)... with a 'planned' April repair. Ofc, last time we had this bandwidth exhaust issue, the planned date got pushed back over half a year. Probably time to switch back to Northland, I guess...

as it is right now, nothing productive can be done between 7-midnight (wait 1 minute for bbc to load or something).

and it'll just get worse

ed: oh, the spike there at the end was probably from me loading dslreports.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to zevus

that looks terrible

zevus

Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to zevus

Click for full size
Sunday, Feb. 10th
Here's Sunday's chart, I just got on the computer for the first time today around 9:40PM, so there's a spike there from some web browsing (cnn, bbc, and esp. espn, loading too much junk).