how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

ddrant

join:2010-03-02
Womelsdorf, PA
reply to exTBuser2

Re: Finally say goodbye to teleblend

Who'd you switch to? I'm still with Teleblend as well since the Sunrocket days, at least 6+ years now, but am finding the current $19+ hard to justify anymore as the bill has creeped higher and higher over time as the fees increased. Thinking about porting over to VOIPo or PhonePower.

exTBuser2

@comcast.net
I actually switched to Google Voice (with an obi box). After a week, I can tell the voice quality is better (and echoing is hardly there). The entire number porting (via T-Mobile prepaid) took about 4 days (from Friday pm to Tue pm).

Overall, the switch was pretty smooth. The only thing that I miss is the caller ID (as google voice only sent phone # but not name). But I guess that is the small price to pay for such great/free service (now I have to use the phone's phonebook feature to add people). I called international a lot, and GV's rate is very competitive too (slightly lower than teleblend too).

said by ddrant:

Who'd you switch to? I'm still with Teleblend as well since the Sunrocket days, at least 6+ years now, but am finding the current $19+ hard to justify anymore as the bill has creeped higher and higher over time as the fees increased. Thinking about porting over to VOIPo or PhonePower.