join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

2 recommendations

PeteC2 to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny

Re: I am so sorry

said by Sunny:

It resulted from my stubborn insistence on continuing repetitive motion which was causing pain.

Hmmm...kind of like a relative of mine who is now getting divorced from his 3d wife...repetitive motion resulting in pain...

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

Sunny

E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g just takes sooooooooooooooooooooooo long to get done.

There, that's outta' my system. Back to the Group Health pharmacy queue where they repeat the things you've known ever since you became a member eleventy-three times before you talk to a human. Then you have to call back in a half hour or 45 minutes, over and over and over again.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 recommendation

onDvine

Premium Member

It's a shame your broken leg is such a pain in the butt, too.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

3 recommendations

Sunny

While "this, too, shall pass," I am recording how it feels so I will, hopefully, remember to be more thoughtful to others with similar handicaps, particularly those brave souls who don't see relief in the future.

One really good thing, however, was the recap of the hospital bill that came yesterday. Total is $42K! What's good about that? It is probably covered by insurance. The only parts I know of, so far, that will be additional cost to me will be the meds and 20% of the rental cost of the extended leg rests on my wheel chair. As for the rests, I can exchange, I think, for the (covered) regular rests a week from this Friday when they increase the amount of bend in my knee brace to 90 degrees.

I simply must stop vacationing in a hospital. Hawaii would have been cheap compared to my latest stay at Overlake Hospital!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

said by Sunny:

One really good thing, however, was the recap of the hospital bill that came yesterday. Total is $42K!

That makes me feel better about the $400 bill I got for my ambulance ride a few weeks ago! (which is covered by my insurance at work).

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Sunny, it really makes me pause for thought. I live up a very steep grade hill, and it gets icy. Going the 1/4 mile down it every icy morning is an adventure. Every morning I nearly slip and fall as often as 6 times going down it. I sure hope I don't end up in the hospital too. And I understand about repetitive stress, I do a lot of that at work.

I can understand to my limited extent, your pain.

We're still praying for you!

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef

MVM

said by signmeuptoo94:

...I live up a very steep grade hill, and it gets icy. Going the 1/4 mile down it every icy morning is an adventure. Every morning I nearly slip and fall as often as 6 times going down it. I sure hope I don't end up in the hospital too.

YOU. Yaktrax Pro. Now. Before you take a header and break something. These will save your butt bigtime; I swear by them.

»www.yaktrax.com/product/pro
jopfef

jopfef to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

Jo, no casts here. They are using a brace like this.

»www.braceshop.com/Produc ··· p423.htm

There are dials on each side which allow one to lock it at any recommended angle. Right now it is at 60 degrees and we get to change it ourselves to 90 in two weeks.

Sunny, my initial getup after surgery was a full cast, upper and lower, with a massive hinge at the knee. Two days after surgery, I started having extreme muscle spasms, the kind that make you scream in pain; they were so bad that I ended up on the hospital floor, broke the hinge on the cast, and Rick took me back into surgery to repair the damage. After that, I was on a heavy dose of muscle relaxers as well as pain meds. Once that cast was off, I was in a massive brace similar to the one you're wearing, for about three months. When the extension casts were started, it was back to full casts to try to get my knee to straighten out, and those were changed out every 2-3 days. I went through a number of different braces over the next couple of years, and still have my last brace here. Very expensive beasts. I never did get complete extension, so still have a limp to this day. On my good days, the limp is minimal, and I can enjoy a nice walk to the mailbox and back. Forget it on my bad days.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94 to jopfef

Premium Member

to jopfef
Wow, they aren't expensive and are cool. I'll try to get them as soon as I can!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to squirt

to squirt
Ambulance? AMBULANCE!!?? What hoppened, Bitty Girl?

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

said by Sunny:

Ambulance? AMBULANCE!!?? What hoppened, Bitty Girl?

»Re: [Icky] Lesson of the day

it turns out that I'm allergic to sulfas. Live and learn, eh?

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place

2 recommendations

BadHat

Premium Member

said by squirt:

and mushrooms

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

2 recommendations

rusdi

MVM

said by BadHat:

said by squirt:

and mushrooms

Allergic to mushrooms??!!
How does she live? What does she eat? (Besides boiled moosen). Mushrooms are one of the major food-groups!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny to squirt

to squirt
Oh my, you turned into an itchy tomato in an ambulance on the same day I fell off the turnip truck!

You and I? We need to find some healthier activities!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt

MVM

said by Sunny:

Oh my, you turned into an itchy tomato in an ambulance on the same day I fell off the turnip truck!

Maybe we could try heli-skiing. Or swimming with the sharks. (once your leg is all healed up, of course.)

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny

Sounds like a plan. You're on!

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

7 recommendations

Gizmo to squirt

MVM

to squirt
said by squirt:

Maybe we could try heli-skiing. Or swimming with the sharks. (once your leg is all healed up, of course.)

You forgot to add skydiving to your list of activities.....................

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

2 recommendations

tmpchaos to squirt

Numquam oblitus

to squirt
said by squirt:

said by Sunny:

Three-legged skiing- then you won't have to wait.

Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

1 recommendation

Jammy to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
To make a long story short I had my left foot crushed in a car accident 7 years ago. Two surgeries later and lots of bed rest did nothing. My left foot is now worse than ever. I am afraid to tell my Primary Doctor because I am afraid he will not believe how bad it hurts when the bones shift.

Good luck with your right hip all the way to your right toes.

Jammy

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

Sorry to hear about all the pain.

I guess we'll have to start calling you 'hop-along', eh Jammy?

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I am really sorry that some of you out there are suffering real, painful health issues. I remember the night before my colonoscopy and a few years ago when I had my bad knee pain. The pain was unimaginable. I didn't know if my life was in danger or what. Thankfully, I got through that.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to Jammy

to Jammy
I'm with squirt, so sad to hear about your experience. I so hope you will find help to lessen your pain.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place

1 recommendation

BadHat to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I think ya'll is dangerous enough....

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

2 recommendations

onDvine to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
said by Jammy:

... I am afraid to tell my Primary Doctor because I am afraid he will not believe how bad it hurts when the bones shift. ...

There's a lot of "afraid" in there with the hurting. It may be worth sharing with him. If he doesn't believe, you're no worse off than now. On the other hand, he might refer you to someone who can help. On a third hand ( ), maybe a different Primary Doctor would take better care of you if you can switch.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Yeah, get a consult with another referral or another doctor. Don't withhold treatment from yourself if you are considering doing that. As we get older, things come back to haunt us, like my bad leg. I glass bottle went up my knee under my patella while playing frisbee on my 18th birthday. I didn't get it treated, and 2 years later, glass came out of my knee and the sinew attaching the muscle to the legbone is half gone, and now if I stress it too much I cannot walk and have to endure hideous pain for days. I should have gone to the ER when it happened all those years ago.

I only refer to my own issues so that I can express empathy and a reason to suggest action.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 edit

2 recommendations

Sunny

And today my nurse (daughter) ended up with an ambulance ride to ER, will be admitted to the critical care unit. High blood sugar, ketoacidosis, trouble breathing. I have no idea what brought this on. This is exactly how the diabetes presented initially years ago. She has kept things under control for so long I can't remember the last problem. A low here and there because she got busy and forgot her evening insulin dose, but nothing nearly so serious.

I have finally stopped shaking because she asked for her cell phone charger and glasses. Those weren't even close to mattering when she left here this afternoon.

I am regrouping, coming up with a strategy for being able to survive in this split level while she is gone and I am still hopping. I think I have it figured out and my P.T. is both amazed and approving of my plan and progress.

The focus has switched. For me, it's all about getting my daughter well now.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt

MVM

Wow! Prayers for your daughter.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

jaynick to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Kathy and I are sending some prayers for you and your daughter, you sure are having more than your share of troubles!

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
Sending lots of healing light to your daughter, Sunny. Here's hoping that she's up and around and healthy again soon!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

1 recommendation

rfhar to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Oh wow, you and yours hve my prayers.