A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to elwoodblues

Re: How I Met Your Mother heads to Canada

said by elwoodblues:

I've seen plenty of promos. There is so much better content out there like, Secret State that aired in the UK.

You're comparing a US comedy to a UK political thriller. That doesn't quite make sense.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by elwoodblues:

I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/genre/sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
We just finished watching all the available seasons of Doc Martin. Fantastic U.K. show!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

said by elwoodblues:

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/genre/sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

For me comedy is hit and miss... and it wears thin very very fast.
I don't needan inserted laugh track to have me laugh, it's either very funny or it's not. Last week i watched 3 episodes of Bob's Burger's in a row, I was in stitches, but then at the same time, others are nowhere near as funny.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......