share rss forum feed

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA
kudos:11

[TiVo] New Games and App...

As of this morning everyone in all markets should be seeing the new games and App on your TiVo.. They include :

AOL ON (Collaboration of HD web videos sorted by Genre, This app is very nicely done)
Black Jack (card game)
Kaboom (Game / Minesweeper)
Rock Swap (Game / Bejeweled)
Quizz Master (Trivia Game)

Let me know what you think ..

Jason
--
Jason Nealis,
V.P. Engineering and Operations

leddith

join:2012-07-31
Allentown, PA
The update installed but I never got the app or the games. The other Tivo we have did.

wbertram
Premium
join:2005-08-19
Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
I had the same situation!

Using the HD GUI, at the bottom of the My Shows list on TiVo2 was the link to RCN VOD, You Tube, AOL ON, and the link to My Shows on TiVo1. These items were missing from the My Shows list on TiVo1. The My Shows list on TiVo1 ended with the Recently Deleted folder. There was no problem when using the SD GUI.

A reboot of TiVo1 resolved the issue.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
reply to rcnman
Please send me your TSN's...

wbertram
Premium
Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
said by rcnman:

As of this morning everyone in all markets should be seeing the new games and App on your TiVo.. They include :

AOL ON (Collaboration of HD web videos sorted by Genre, This app is very nicely done)
Black Jack (card game)
Kaboom (Game / Minesweeper)
Rock Swap (Game / Bejeweled)
Quizz Master (Trivia Game)

Let me know what you think ..

Jason

Jason,

Where are these games found? I don't see any of those you mentioned listed anywhere. All I see in the "Showcases and Games" screen are SameGame, Wordsmith, and Skull and Bones.

TSNs are 746-0001-9028-B8A3 and 746-0001-9021-FFEB

Walt

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
wbertram,

Your boxes are still on 20.2.1, looks like they are in pending restart.. If you do a restart and install the update then the new games should show up.
--
Jason Nealis,

hydrox
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA
reply to rcnman
OK. They are there. I am underwhelmed. On the other hand, if we end up with 24+ inches of snow this weekend, roads may be unpassable for some time. If we don't have a power outage, the games may look a lot better come Saturday night.

I would rather have gotten 3d channels, or a smarter TiVo Preview, but I am not unhappy with what we have as a whole.

wbertram
Premium
Allentown, PA

3 edits
reply to rcnman
said by rcnman:

wbertram,

Your boxes are still on 20.2.1, looks like they are in pending restart.. If you do a restart and install the update then the new games should show up.

Jason,

Something funny here. Both boxes showed "Pending Restart" after they downloaded around noon yesterday, and both were restarted shortly after. After restart both showed:

Software Version: 20.2.2.1-01-2-Z-746

Both still show that version.

Additionally, I note that the To Do List and History are now displaying HD versions.

The -FFEB box was rebooted around midnight yesterday. That reboot fixed the issue I described above (the missing link to TiVo2).

Walt

leddith

Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
My TSN: 750-0001-9031-0B39

willbm3

join:2013-02-06
Boston, MA
reply to rcnman
I have these apps on my TiVo. Did the release of this update cause the "channel not authorized" issue to come back? I'd rather have a working TiVo than these apps

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
reply to wbertram
Do you have the games now? If you were in any of our betas, that may also be what you don't see them. Let me know and I will fix it.
--
Jason Nealis,

wbertram
Premium
Allentown, PA

1 edit
said by rcnman:

Do you have the games now? If you were in any of our betas, that may also be what you don't see them. Let me know and I will fix it.

Jason,

Nope, none of the new games show.

And no, I was not in the beta.

There is no great rush to get this fixed, I just want to get feedback to you on how the update is working.

Walt

leddith

Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
I wasn't in the beta either and I still don't have the new games or app.

xanthusuo

join:2013-01-10
Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
I swapped out 2 premiers on Monday for a Q/preview. Both boxes got upgraded but I don't have the new apps. Also, my new boxes don't show up on tivo.com though the premiers were inactivated immediately.

Q TSN: 750-40001-9045-C762

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA
said by xanthusuo:

Also, my new boxes don't show up on tivo.com though the premiers were inactivated immediately.

You need to register them like you did with the other boxes.

xanthusuo

Allentown, PA

1 edit
Ok, I found it in RCN help, I forgot how I had done it before. Thanks.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
reply to hydrox
said by hydrox:

OK. They are there. I am underwhelmed. On the other hand, if we end up with 24+ inches of snow this weekend, roads may be unpassable for some time. If we don't have a power outage, the games may look a lot better come Saturday night.

I would rather have gotten 3d channels, or a smarter TiVo Preview, but I am not unhappy with what we have as a whole.

What other functionally do you want from the preview other then when you hit pause it asks if you want to start a in-progress recording and then watch it to have trick play functionality.
--
Jason Nealis,

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
reply to willbm3
said by willbm3:

I have these apps on my TiVo. Did the release of this update cause the "channel not authorized" issue to come back? I'd rather have a working TiVo than these apps

This is fixed again, My apologies, we had piece of gear fail and when the gear was replaced a couple days ago a setting was missed that caused this channel not authorization issue to come back.. This was fixed this morning and you should NOT be seeing this issue going forward..

I have ensured documentation has been updated across all markets to ensure this doesn't happen again..
--
Jason Nealis,

xanthusuo

Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
Not a function you can fix in software, but I will say I was quite disappointed to find no optical digital output on the preview. I'm investigating to see if the functions just added to the preview are complete enough to move the preview to my main viewing area and the Q to the bedroom. I have a HDMI capable receiver in main viewing room, but not the bedroom. Just a cursory look makes me less than comfortable switching them.

hydrox
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA
reply to rcnman
said by rcnman:

said by hydrox:

What other functionally do you want from the preview other then when you hit pause it asks if you want to start a in-progress recording and then watch it to have trick play functionality.

I am very happy with the features that have been added to the Preview already. A pause feature would be welcome, and it might address 80 % of my concerns. It doesn't fully address my most common issue - the ability to push back to see what I may have just missed. I think my viewing habits on this Preview TV could lead me to making about 15 un-necessary recordings for the one time when I really want to review. Although recording and fast forwarding may change how I use this TV. Again, any onboard cache (even 5 minutes) is just a wish for a future Preview box.

cshapley

join:2011-08-31
Chicago, IL
I'm with hyrdox here. If I could ask for anything, it would be an ability to pause...I don't need a 30 minute buffer, but 5 would be nice. I've become so spoiled with my Tivos over the years (owner since 2001) that pausing the TV to chat with someone or using the instant replay button when I couldn't quite hear or understand a piece of dialog have pretty much become a must-have feature to get the most out of my TV watching. However, I am really happy with the recently added functionality to the Preview, and I really appreciate that Tivo/RCN are continuing to work hard to keep enhancing the product. Keep up the good work!

leddith

Allentown, PA
reply to rcnman
I got the Tivo message letting me know what changed in the update. It mentioned the new games and app, but I still don't have them. The other Tivo we have DOES show them.

Stoliosoda

@rcn.com
reply to rcnman

Channel not authorized in Brookline MA

Hi, I'm experiencing the "channel not authorized" issue on our preview box, but not the Q. Happening on basic channels like tbs and toon network.

Tried to reset cable box via "my rcn" but got a 404 page after hitting "confirm" on that screen.

Preview box TSN: A90-0001-9020-4bfd

Thanks!

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
Herndon, VA
reply to leddith

Re: [TiVo] New Games and App...

leddith, send me you TSN for the one missing the games and apps, we are doing a sweep on monday to catch any ones that we may have missed as well.
--
Jason Nealis,