uniqs
share rss forum feed

noc007

join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to damonlab

Re: Why do they want my social security number?

If you can go to the service center and not have to do a deposit, it may be worth it. If you're going to pay a deposit regardless, do it over the phone. In my area, since I didn't want to hand them my SSN, I had to go to a service center and give them a $50 deposit for the one piece of equipment. They couldn't do that over the phone. They eventually credited the deposit back to me a little after a year.

Know exactly what you want and be prepared to pay any deposits that you may need to pay so you can get out of there fast. Keep in mind that the people at the service center can be mean. The one that's 15 miles away that "services" my home address and the one that' 3 miles away from work both had grumpy, mean women. I would contribute money towards some giggalos for those ladies. The last time I went to a service center, it was when they were opening and the rep just tore up the first customer; all of the customers were polite and patient so there was no grounds for her to rip the guy a new one just for doing what the phone CSR told him to do.

Master Wolfe

join:2009-04-04
Panama City Beach, FL

said by noc007 See Profile

The one that's 15 miles away that "services" my home address and the one that' 3 miles away from work both had grumpy, mean women. I would contribute money towards some giggalos for those ladies. The last time I went to a service center, it was when they were opening and the rep just tore up the first customer; all of the customers were polite and patient so there was no grounds for her to rip the guy a new one just for doing what the phone CSR told him to do.

Giggalos?

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL

They want it for the same reasons everyone else has stated before. The deposit "MAY" be returned to you after X months/years of good repayment, but most likely will just be held in deposit with COMCAST, till you terminate your service. The deposit again depending on the area, must be paid before your install date, and can be required to be paid up to a week or so before, or they will cancel the install appointment, and the entire order will need to be setup again. You would lose any and all specials and promos that you were given the first time, and most likely would not be able to get them back. The service center option, is to show a COMCAST representative your ID, so that YOU do not have to be there on the day of install, that another person, wife, child over 18, neighbor, etc..... could be there while you are at work. As stated the deposit is a deposit, it does not cover the first month of service, or anything, and will be returned to you a few weeks after you terminate service with them. The amount can vary depending on what type of service, service level, and equipment you want. The main reason to require it, are the area you live in, has had a past bad history, or that you want a DVR, one of the most $$$$$$$$$$$ pieces of equipment from COMCAST.