fkd
@203.143.18.x

fkd

Anon

Re: Bank of America Passcode Requirements

said by dsilvers:

@concerned....Good catch.

fkd your sig whos 203.114,18.x which is in Sri Lanka

New anonymous poster requests information regarding how to reset Bank of America password from an IP in Sri Lanka!!!!

Am I sensing stereotyping based on where I'm from??? I will not waste my time answering such questions. But it was so out of line to specify detailed info like the above!

Ps. i'm not trying to dig info so I can hack some accounts!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
said by dsilvers:

@concerned....Good catch.

fkd your sig whos 203.114,18.x which is in Sri Lanka

New anonymous poster requests information regarding how to reset Bank of America password from an IP in Sri Lanka!!!!

Edit for clarity

it can happen...
dsilvers
join:2009-05-17
Canyon Lake, TX

2 recommendations

dsilvers

said by AVD :
it can happen...

Maybe
said by fkd :
Am I sensing stereotyping based on where I'm from???.

Get over it. You are posting in a security forum full of professional security paranoids. It has nothing to do with your race, religion, nationality, sexual preference or hair color.

In your defense a quick Google did turn up one Bank of America location in Sri Lanka.

Bank Of America
Gen 324 Galle Rd Colombo 3, Sri Lanka
Phone : 575080
WeenieAlso
join:2002-01-29
Pasadena, MD

1 recommendation

WeenieAlso to fkd

to fkd
How is it stereotyping ? You are in a country not in the U.S but want information on password requirements. You never answered if they have a branch there so I am assuming you may be on travel.

Again being the paranoid security guy , Most people register an email and could
1) Call to get reset
2) Email to get directions to reset
3) Visit the webpage and ask the Bank for help

You seemed to have done none of the above. To me you are trolling trying to get other people to help you.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

> never answered if they have a branch there

I did look that up when the thread first came about, There are a total of 13 local banks and 6 international banks that are operations in Sri Lanka. But that list (FWIW) does not show BoA. I do now also see where you came up with your location. (Finding anything on BoA's site for foreign locations itself was futile, in the time I spent looking there.)

> assuming you may be on travel

Certainly a good possibility.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22 to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
it just did..........

fkd
@203.143.18.x

fkd to therube

Anon

to therube
said by therube:

> never answered if they have a branch there

I did look that up when the thread first came about, There are a total of 13 local banks and 6 international banks that are operations in Sri Lanka.

Well, no, Sri Lanka does not have any branches of BofA nor a single BofA ATM. It seems the bank 'were' in Sri Lanka few decades ago based on some Google searches! The irony!

This has become an interesting place rather than a desperate attempt to seek answers for my half dead memory.

>> assuming you may be on travel
> Certainly a good possibility.

Before questioning, did any of the "paranoid" security professionals knew foreign nationals (wrt. USA) can open accounts with BofA? (I can not comment about others banks though). And the account holders don't have to reside in USA (specially when asking questions!! )?

Anyway, based on the BofA FAQ link @CylonRed provided, acct holder must have a SSN to reset?? God bless if a foreigner forgot her passcode!! I guess at least some paranoid people will understand why I don't want to start "forget password" process without a background check! //running to write down my password on a piece of paper//

Was I trolling before? Nope. How about now? May be.
fkd

fkd to therube

Anon

to therube
A previous reply to this thread didn't get through the review process. But I think I have to mention these things.

1. No, Sri Lanka don't have a BofA branch nor ATMs from it.

2. You don't need to be travelling to ask the original question

3. And, FWIW, it was a valid question for me. And, I'm not expecting answer for that anymore.

4. Foreign nationals (wrt. USA) can open accounts with BofA too, you know?

5. @Cthen - I know there is a "reset passcode" button in the sign in page. Give me some credit, mate!

6. It seems it's quite impossible for foreign nationals (wrt. USA) with no branches of the bank in the country to reset password... Because, as per the FAQ in BofA, you must need SSN. »www.bankofamerica.com/on ··· _sp=#q10

You may consider the last point as a statement or a question!