uniqs

creativedog
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA

creativedog to lutful

Premium Member

to lutful

Re: What to check for a tiny leak in a 18month old washer?

So check this out.....attempting the food color test and before I can even get the tub filled up I notice something...When the water is coming into the basket it looks like it's hitting the spinning top part...water is definitely going behind it...question is, is there an enclosed section around the basket that the extra runoff water goes to?

»www.darylwatkins.com/washer.MOV

Last question, when putting the food coloring in do I put it in the fill, wash, rinse or spin? It's a HE washer so the tub never actually fills and surrounds the clothes.

HPC
@comcast.net

HPC

Anon

said by creativedog:

When the water is coming into the basket it looks like it's hitting the spinning top part...water is definitely going behind it...question is, is there an enclosed section around the basket that the extra runoff water goes to?

Don't have your exact model but did have the same problem. Turned out to be a leak where the hot and cold inlet hoses meet at the mixing valve (just before the chute that fills the tub)... the hot was dripping on the top edge of the tub and when the tub would spin, would throw water against the inside of the enclosure and drip onto the floor. Discovered when I noticed 'cold water washes' had no leak, while 'hot water washes' had a small puddle under the washer. Just food for thought.