dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7

2 recommendations

MS Security Bulletin Advance Notification - February 7, 2013

Click for full size
This is an advance notification of 12 security bulletins that Microsoft is intending to release on February 12, 2013.

5 rated as Critical and 7 with a rating of Important.

»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···ms13-feb
--
Microsoft® Consumer Security MVP, 2004 - 2013
DP's Security Bits

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5

1 edit

n/m

Nevermind.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
reply to dp

Re: MS Security Bulletin Advance Notification - February 7, 2013

Thanks dp....12jeezz....hope there not all NET related..

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
reply to dp
12 bulletins fixing 57 vulnerabilities:
»news.techworld.com/security/3425···adaches/

Microsoft will issue 12 security updates tomorrow, including two for Internet Explorer, that will patch a near-record 57 vulnerabilities in the browser, Windows, Office and the enterprise-critical Exchange Server email software.

Two of the five critical updates will address vulnerabilities in Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) and Windows Vista. Among the important updates, five will affect Windows 7, four Windows 8, and three each for XP SP3 and Windows RT.

But what caught Storms' eye were the two separate updates for IE, both tagged as critical, that will patch IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9 and the latest browser, IE10.

Tomorrow's fifth critical update affects Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010, the second- and third-most-recent versions of Microsoft's email server software.

--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to art22gg
said by art22gg:

Thanks dp....12jeezz....hope there not all NET related..

.NET drive me nuts.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

2 recommendations

One latest version of .NET that's backwards compatible with ALL previous releases would be ideal. I hate having so many different versions installed with various Service Pack updates applied.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
reply to dp
Thanks dp.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
reply to Dustyn
I couldn,t agree with you more Dustyn....Something like this is wayyyyy overdue....but I guess we can all dream..right!!!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

One latest version of .NET that's backwards compatible with ALL previous releases would be ideal. I hate having so many different versions installed with various Service Pack updates applied.

Me too. I hate it how it takes forever to update even on fast machines! Ugh! It's like every month we have .NET updates. Argh! I really wished programs didn't rely on .NET!
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.