Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tbrummell2

join:2002-02-09
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1

Troubles with Freephoneline?

Are you having problems with your FPL account? I was, and spoke out liberally about the issues and lack of competent staff at FPL which resulted in my forum account being banned and my posts censored. It seems I hit a nerve of someone there. Maybe it was my tweets to @RoyGraydon, President & CFO of Fibernetics, FPL's parent company.
Who knows, looks like I took one for the team as it appears the FPL staff are picking and choosing which forum members to help. I still think their Support staff is a joke though. The latest quest of the forum staff appears to have users use the Search function to find their answer. Feel free to share your FPL experience here, wouldn't want you to get banned on their forum for speaking out. Not to mention have your Facebook posts (on their page) deleted. LOL Freakin joke of a place.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4

What problems do you have? I was checking my Asterisk logs for this month and I see 8 registrations timed out most of them fixed after the 1st retry.
For me was pretty stable in the last 2 years except 1 or 2 of hiccups.

tbrummell2

Ottawa, ON
reply to tbrummell2

I'm working now, but if you look at the forums you will see many people complaining of incoming calls going directly to voicemail. That was happening to me and when troubleshooting I found two different scenario's:
1: Incoming Invite would be received from a server other than the one to which I was registered (it appears FPL has about 5 servers or so in the mix now). Asterisk would of course reject this call as coming from an unknown source.
2: Incoming call would not make it to Asterisk at all with nothing being seen at the firewall (as proved with a Wireshark capture) and a call failure message being logged in my FPL CDR logs (and the Portal showed my line as registered).

At no time with either of these scenario's would the FPL staff admit there was a problem, and they still won't. I've also been informed, for now, that they have rolled back to a 1 server solution, obviously showing they were having problems implementing load balancing/redundancy. By the way, anyone seen the new requirements/demands that they are placing on 3rd party devices?

»support.freephoneline.ca/entries···dentials

gg22

join:2008-08-19

Yes, I have had many problems with FPL in the past two months, incoming calls not going through, etc and I also find their staff to be incompetent. Never had problems with them before.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
reply to tbrummell2

For 1: Other VoSP (like Callcentric) have the same setup and you can make it work with:

allowguest=yes

tbrummell2

Ottawa, ON

said by Dan_voip:

For 1: Other VoSP (like Callcentric) have the same setup and you can make it work with:

allowguest=yes

Which is also insecure, and my box is open to the net so no, that won't be changed.

tbrummell2

Ottawa, ON
reply to gg22

said by gg22:

Yes, I have had many problems with FPL in the past two months, incoming calls not going through, etc and I also find their staff to be incompetent. Never had problems with them before.

I hear ya. I've been a user since '09 but now its just horrible. Yes, companies have growing pains, and yes, I'm riding this out for now. But I won't be recommending Fongo/FPL to friends & family anytime in the near future.

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA

worth it?

Are the few dollars that you are saving worth the frustration?

tbrummell2

Ottawa, ON
reply to tbrummell2

Re: Troubles with Freephoneline?

No, hence why I wouldn't recommend them to friends & family. But at this point porting out would just add more frustration. Thankfully we're not huge talkers on the phone, and this is just 'her' line, I have my lines with Voip.ms. The WAF factor on the VoIP system is wayyyy down at this point though.