how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PaulGo

join:2005-01-29
Gaithersburg, MD
reply to Roche1972

Re: Being charged for 2 digital adapters?

In my area the Comcast channels above 100 are available but not all channels that are available on a cable box are available on a DTA. Soon however an HD-DTA will be available which will have all channels available on a cable box except for premium channels such as HBO and VOD.

Roche1972

join:2008-02-22

Nice Atari icon there. Too bad that Atari had recently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy here in America. The 2600 and 7800 systems were my first video game systems I had ever owned during the 1980s. Anyway, I live in New Jersey and the Comcast representative on the phone told me that the only channels I could get with the digital adapter are local channels (including local access channels), The Comcast Network (which is on channel 8 in my area of NJ) a few selected basic cable channels and Weatherscan (which is channel 101 in my area) and that is all. I was also told that I couldn't get On Demand using a digital adapter which was the same case when I was a Verizon FiOS TV customer but at least I was able to access all basic and premium channels with their digital adapter. Perhaps after my 2 year contract with Comcast expires, I might return to FiOS TV if I am not totally satisfied with Comcast's service during the next 2 years.