All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to Wilsdom

to Wilsdom

Re: Do Overage Fees Affect Large Percentage?

Nothing is priced solely on the cost of providing service. When you buy a plane ticket, does it cost the airline more if you fly in a window, middle or aisle seat?

Even though Karl wrote a few lines at the end of the article regarding justification, the core topic and my comment are about the accuracy of the meters and why nothing is being done to address them. Whether or not the metering and commensurate fees are justified is irrelevant to my comment.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

Competition usually keeps the price in line with cost. Of course companies informally agree not to get in a pricing war, and monopolies form, but there is a limit. Yes, the meters could be made accurate, but it's like if your electric meter measured how many times you turn the lights on and off. What agency is going to test such meters, the Department of Clowns and Jokers?
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Go back to my original post (the one to which you first replied) and review the threads it created. In one of them I provide a suggestion as to how automated meter testing could be accomplished.