spc
uniqs

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU to me1212

to me1212

Re: Is coil whine dangerous?

Can you still RMA your GPU? Coil whine shouldn't be happening and usually isn't a good sign. What's really odd is that it's only happening with 1 game and not others. Let alone for a game/mod like Brutal Doom with an older graphics engine. Very odd.

You don't hear coil whine with any other game??
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

Nope nothing else gives me problems at all.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
said by TRU:

Can you still RMA your GPU? Coil whine shouldn't be happening and usually isn't a good sign. What's really odd is that it's only happening with 1 game and not others. Let alone for a game/mod like Brutal Doom with an older graphics engine. Very odd.

You don't hear coil whine with any other game??

coil wine can happen with any piece of hardware even brand new out of box. not to mention that companies usually won't RMA for coil whine.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 3edpQwgc

explains it a bit.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

Wow thats so annoying! I would pull my hair out hearing that. I have an aneurysm when even 1 of my hard drives makes a sound out of place.

@me1212 - If it only coil whines for 1 of your games, then its not even that big of deal. If it doesn't bother you too much then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Me? I'd probably drop kick my video card out the window.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

Its not very loud, its far quieter than the video is. Its just enough that I heard something weird when playing, its so quiet I thought it may have been part of the game but it wasn't