how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clitcmd

@chello.pl

1 edit

port forwarding di-524

Can someone please help with port forwarding on my DI-524. I've red hundreds of posts... tried many diff things... but still no luck. I can't see anything missing in settings.
I want to forward ports to make my NAS visible from internet.

Can send screens if anyone will have a chance to look.

email: clitcmd(at)tlen.pl

thanks

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1

What ISP service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What make and model modem do you have?

clitcmd

@tpnet.pl

I have DSL, router DI-524, firmware 2.07. i'm away from my router for the wkend so any more info i may not remember i'll give u on monday. let me know. thx

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to clitcmd

Let us know the make and model of the DSL Modem please.

clitcmd

@chello.pl
reply to clitcmd

Hey. I have modem Thomson TWG870UG and my router DI-524 is connected to it. I setup fixed ip on my NAS and it's working coz I'm able to log in. Can you tell me how to forward ports to make my NAS visible from internet ?

Let me know if you need anything else.

thx

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to clitcmd

If this modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause port forwarding connection problems.
»www.practicallynetworked.com/net···_nat.htm
To tell if the modem is bridged or not, look at the routers web page, Status/Device Info/Wan Section, if there is a 192.168.0.# address in the WAN IP address field, then the modem is not bridged.
If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ.

clitcmd

@chello.pl

woohoo, it's working thru modem's DMZ thanks a mill!

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to clitcmd

Glad it's working. Have fun.

clitcmd

@pacbell.net

one more question

I set up ftp on NAS but have issues when users from internet trying to connect. I loose internett behind router and network seems to crash.
Is it possible that DI-524 has not enough power for 2PC's, NAS and user accessing FTP from internet? For me it looks like router gets over loaded. After restarting router I have internet back. Only one user was trying to access.

Can you recommend any other router?

thanks

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to clitcmd

Possible its not handling the connections well.
What ISP service do you have? Cable or DSL and what make and model modem do you have?

Does the 524 have any QoS custom rules that could be set up?

Let us know what ISP HW you have then we can make some suggestions on a newer router to use. Any need for 5Ghz Wifi. Also are there many other 2.4Ghz Wifi routers near by? If so, how many? Or do you need WiFi at all?

clitcmd

@chello.pl

hey. I have Cable modem Thomson TWG870UG.

What QoS custom rules and ISP HW are?

There are about 6-8 2.4GHz Wifi routers in the neighbourhood I think. At my apartment I just have one laptop and one mobile using wifi. My laptop is on wire. Sometimes friends use wifi. So yes, I do need wifi. NAS is on wire.

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to clitcmd

IF your ISP modem is this:
Thomson TWG870

You may want to not get into another router since this ISP modem seems to have a built in router already. Having to routers on the same line can introduce problems. >Double NAT

You may want to get into an Access Point device instead, and let the ISP modem handle your router duties. Access points will provide you with wireless abilities with out having any additional router process that is not needed.
One on these might work for you:

D-Link DAP 1360, 1513, 1522, 1525, 1533, 505, 505L, and 506L

The configuration might look like this:
ISP modem/Router>wired PCs to ISP modem
==============>DAP-#### connected to ISP Modem{}Wireless devices connect to DAP.

If you were to use another external router, the ISP Modem should be bridged or the use of the DMZ could be an option if the modem can't be bridged.

Let us know what you think.

clitcmd

@chello.pl

yeah, it's working on ISP modem. Will need to get AP for wifi.
My ISP modem has 4 lines but have few more devices that requires wire connection (TV, blueray etc.) Can I connect them to switch and then connect swtich to ISP modem?

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to clitcmd

Yes you certainly can use a get work switch. I recommend a Gb (1000Mb) speed switch. They area always backwards compatible.

So your set up might look like this:
ISP modem/Router>Switch{}wired PCs to ISP modem
==============>DAP-#### connected to ISP Modem{}Wireless devices connect to DAP.

Should work well for you. I have a 24 pt switch on the back end of my router. They come in many sizes.

Let us know how it works out for you.

clitcmd

@chello.pl

great, thanks! not sure if will buy ap and switch next week but will let you know once all set. thanks for help

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to clitcmd

Let us now how it goes. Good luck.

clitcmd

@chello.pl

said by BimmerE38FN:

Let us now how it goes. Good luck.

Finally got DAP-1360 and all working fine. Thanks a mill BimmerE38FN for your help!

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to clitcmd

Awesome. Have fun!