Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to clone

Premium Member

to clone

Re: HOW???

said by clone:

As I noted above, when using the remote that comes with the DVR, you will program it to control your audio device (TV or Receiver, whatever), then it will also send an extra command to the box to inform it you adjusted the volume.

Steps, etc. has no bearing. They only want to know at what times you raise, lower, or mute the sound. By how much, etc. is not important.

I've just made a test and recorded the output of the remote (IR blasts) on the oscilloscope and compared to the remote of the AV receiver.
Let's put it this way: NO, IT DOESN'T SEND ANY DATA IT SHOULDN'T.
Case closed.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

You compared the output of the TiVo Premiere Series4 XL remote with a stock remote from an AV receiver and you didn't find any difference?

I don't believe for a second that you did that, or you would know you are incorrect.

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro

Premium Member

said by clone:

You compared the output of the TiVo Premiere Series4 XL remote with a stock remote from an AV receiver and you didn't find any difference?

I don't believe for a second that you did that, or you would know you are incorrect.

No, the output of the ATT remote. Remember the thread is about ATT, right?
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

I have no idea how ATT is implementing it.

I was commenting above on how TiVo has already implemented this function (and has been doing it for years). You even quoted my post where I said TiVo. But hey, no harm, no foul.

I would assume that AT&T would need to do something similar, unless they are actually including a microphone, which would be far more nefarious in my opinion, and definitely a reason to get rid of the box. The remote signal monitoring I can handle.
« Track starLMAO »
This is a sub-selection from HOW???