how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hamburglar_

join:2002-04-29
united state

Surprised?

This is the reason I'll likely leave this summer. Wimax that barely materialized and now the promise of LTE, yet NONE of the Ohio metros are even on the schedule yet. If they had working 3G, it would be a little less painful...

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by hamburglar_:

This is the reason I'll likely leave this summer.

Same here in southern NJ. Contract up this May and they are 9% implemented with Network Vision and a target of 2014 that has been pushed back twice already. Verizon is fully rolled out here. Makes it an easy choice to switch.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

dmelling

join:2009-02-26
New Paris, OH
reply to hamburglar_
They started pulling permits in Columbus and Dayton so they have started Ohio......

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
Two cities are hardly anything. This just shows that Spent is getting the permits. Are they actually going to get them done on time is another question. Also as far as needing a permit. That is odd since they're not really doing anything as far as "building" that would need such a thing.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to hamburglar_
Very true. The areas that Clear did deploy to are rock solid- at least in the CLE area. Clear should have just kept building out. Sprint should have off loaded them a LONG time ago and let them just start rolling things out. but the problem was the cash. But now we get to see Spent pay for the upgrades three times. First was with Xhom then Clear and now with LTE. Great job for them.

They would be better off focusing on being an MVNE than an actual retail brand. Or even a prepaid company. I know a few prepaid companies that actually have better service than Sprint and on a slower network that they built!

Boosted20V

join:2012-11-03
reply to TBBroadband
New electric, cabinets and antennas require permits in most localities.

dmelling

join:2009-02-26
New Paris, OH
reply to hamburglar_
Exactly regarding the permits, they had the contractor meeting in Columbus last week, Cincinnati soon and then Cleveland....Ohio is coming along nicely.....

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
Funny you say Cleveland because one of their most used cell site in CLE has yet to have anything done as far as plans. And it needs more than the City of Cleveland's blessing as its located at a major private university and a major nationally known hospital- and no its not CCF/Cleveland Clinic.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to Boosted20V
As far as the cities listed, CLE, and Columbus do not require such. Only building permit is if you are building a new shelter house or installing one. cabinets and antennas do not.

m3nphls

join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to hamburglar_
They need to learn from VZW about how to build out a network quick and fast.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
said by m3nphls:

They need to learn from VZW about how to build out a network quick and fast.

Have a big foreign company financially backing your fast buildout? They're trying to be like Verizon.
»SoftBank Officially Acquires Sprint

m3nphls

join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY
It hasn't been approved yet.

kem09030

join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL
reply to TBBroadband
I know when I visited case in December I had a heck of a time getting calls to stay connected. They kept dropping even with full signal. I wasn't even moving when the drops occurred.

kem09030

join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL
reply to m3nphls
Verizon didn't do the complete network rebuild like Sprint is doing.

DarnellP

join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV
reply to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

As far as the cities listed, CLE, and Columbus do not require such. Only building permit is if you are building a new shelter house or installing one. cabinets and antennas do not.

Really? According to whom? Cite your source for this supposition please.

DarnellP

join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV
reply to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

But now we get to see Spent pay for the upgrades three times. First was with Xhom then Clear and now with LTE. Great job for them.

Jeez, stop over dramatizing. Xohm was deployed in Baltimore; hardly a widespread roll out. Clear wasn't just bankrolled by Sprint. Google, Intel and the Cablecos pitched in as well.

They would be better off focusing on being an MVNE than an actual retail brand. Or even a prepaid company. I know a few prepaid companies that actually have better service than Sprint and on a slower network that they built!

Kyle, NWOhio, hottboiinnc or whatever you're calling yourself this week...different names, same silly recycled idea that has a less than zero chance of coming to fruition.

NiteSn0w

join:2010-12-24
reply to hamburglar_
Cleveland is on the schedule and this has been confirmed by permits Sprint has pulled as recently as the fifth of this month (02/05/2013). I would love to be able to access permits for surrounding cities but I'm stuck with very few cities actually having their permits viewable online.

NiteSn0w

reply to TBBroadband
Cleveland requires new permits for Electrical and Antennas.

NiteSn0w

reply to kem09030
I'm lost in how you had any problems. I've had Sprint for the past two years in Cleveland and have never dropped a single call.