Search similar:

uniqs
eyespy6
join:2002-12-09
Canada

eyespy6

Use rg59 coaxial in Fibre Op setup

Hi,
getting Bell Fibre Op and was wondering if the pre-existing rg59 coaxial cable in my home can be used for the HD Television?
Currently using it now for HD with my local cable company but not sure of the requirements for the Fibre Op bundle.
Also, can 2 PVRs be used in one home instead of 1 PVR + a HD Receiver?

Thanks,
bill
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

1 pvr is all you need, all boxes can record and playback from a single pvr i would think 2 pvrs would cause problems. and typically rg59 is not used we would pull thru if possible clean rg6 runs.

eyespy
@eastlink.ca

eyespy

Anon

Thanks for the reply! We do a lot of recording so i would like to have a 2 pvr setup, but it looks like Bell can't accommodate that. As for the rg 59 coax, it would be easier to do a run of Cat5 cable then to replace the coax.The current coax was installed when the house was built. Never know what issue you might run into fishing replacement coax.
Thanks,
Bill
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

I'm running with RG59 with no issue. The service can accomodate 3 HD and 1 SD stream at the same time. Either to TVs or PVR. So in theory, the 1 PVR can record 4 channels at the same time.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

ya rg 59 is just not as good, ideally pull new runs if we can otherwise outside runs. Though sometimes 59 is our only choice its a last resort. and yes as stated u get 4 streams, if your referring to hard drive space its either 320gig if u get a 1232 or 500 if u get the 2262 Newer model and imo far better.
eyespy6
Canada

eyespy6 to AsherN

to AsherN
Is playing back a recording or On Demand considered a stream?
eyespy6

eyespy6 to morisato

to morisato
Thanks,
I've already asked for the 2262 model.
Do you run a continuity/performance test on the rg59 run before you decide whether to use it or not?
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Not really, If its quality rg-59 Custom made cables run by like rogers we put on new ends and use it if running a new piece would be difficult or Not possible, if its dollar store coax we run new period. - At least good installers do. as with anything your experience may vary and as far as what is a stream On demand is a stream, as far as i know playing a recording is not, Also u can have both receivers watching the same program and it counts as 1 stream not 2. Making a recording or watching live tv is a stream, or On Demand - as far as i know counts. But if your both watching walking dead in 2 different rooms still only 1 stream.
eyespy6
Canada

eyespy6

Good info!

Thanks,
bill