Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MisterP

join:2012-10-11
US
reply to Ripper

Re: [Speed] Is this config BLAST! ?

Sorry for the delayed reply; thought this topic was dead.

thanks for confirming Ripper. I've long since given up on ShaperProbe as I've heard from other users that their servers have been giving wonky results recently and every other true test of speed (actually downloading and uploading large files and using a live bandwidth meter) is showing I am getting 25/4 Blast speeds so I'm good. And I always test with a direct Ethernet to the modem; I'm aware wifi and other shenanigans get in the way of a clean reading.

And EG is very correct on the config file as I have found out recently. Talking with a CC rep I found that my Blast package was audited or some such and someone broke it up to Performance net and Basic TV, thus the CMTS was capping the connection (When you do one of those speed tests, he explained to me you will notice how it gets to a certain level then floats right around a specific number). That's the CMTS capping you based on billing info which was incorrect in my case. Now that he corrected it back to Blast I have been ok. He said once the billing info is changed, the update to your connection is almost immediate.