spc
Search similar:

uniqs
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

[ALL] Price is Justified only if...............

See the rate increase is justified if Cox Actually gives us Customers some meat on the bone so to speak, in other words internet speeds cap increase from say 45 download to 65 download etc. Cox communications could easy do this However that's not the case,i subsidize those NEW CUSTOMER COMING TO THEIR COMPANY Wanna make a bet am not look at your cox home page go to Internet see that price this is "ONLY" for NEW CUSTOMERS Unlike people like me that have had internet with cox since June 2001!!! LOYALTY doesn't matter.

My dream is for another Company cable provider to come in my area and give cox run for the money.

Anonguy
@cox.net

Anonguy

Anon

Was speed not increased there recently?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to 08034016

Premium Member

to 08034016
I don't see anything that says price is for new customers just the 6 month promo deals.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to 08034016

to 08034016
Some markets already got free speed increases. It will take a little time to get all markets upgraded.

I went from 25/2 to 50/5 for free.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to 08034016

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

See the rate increase is justified if Cox Actually gives us Customers some meat on the bone so to speak, in other words internet speeds cap increase from say 45 download to 65 download etc. Cox communications could easy do this However that's not the case,i subsidize those NEW CUSTOMER COMING TO THEIR COMPANY Wanna make a bet am not look at your cox home page go to Internet see that price this is "ONLY" for NEW CUSTOMERS Unlike people like me that have had internet with cox since June 2001!!! LOYALTY doesn't matter.

My dream is for another Company cable provider to come in my area and give cox run for the money.

If you think outside the box, you can always take advantage of the new subscriber rates any time you want to.

By the way, plural for family is families. Family's is the possessive form of family.
m33crob
join:2013-02-06
Phoenix, AZ

m33crob to 08034016

to 08034016
I called Cox when I noticed that the price would be increasing, to downgrade my plan (this was before the network speed upgrade.) Maybe it was just because I was nice and polite, but they gave me the 6 month promo offer for $75 per month.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to Beezel

Premium Member

to Beezel
I know Omaha at least maybe other cox areas don't raise speeds right after price hikes it takes a while.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

I know Omaha at least maybe other cox areas don't raise speeds right after price hikes it takes a while.

~6 weeks usually.
dvd536

dvd536 to 08034016

Premium Member

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

So get DSL for 91 days then you can come back as a new customer.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned) to Rakeesh

to Rakeesh
said by Rakeesh:

said by 08034016:

If you think outside the box, you can always take advantage of the new subscriber rates any time you want to.

By the way, plural for family is families. Family's is the possessive form of family.

There's a catch 22 on that must not have cox service for 3 months something like that,

we did have a speed increase to POWER BOOST TOTAL 46/10 and am 97 miles from their Headquarters.

Some DSL providers Require 2 year contract,

So Google FIBER GET YOUR A$$ HERE..

MIDGACOX
@cox.net

MIDGACOX

Anon

hi acid..
noticed you were from middle georgia as well.. I'm in Warner Robins..

I havent noticed a speed increase this year at all...

i'm on a home office account (cox business) and still get the 50 down 5 up speeds..
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to 08034016

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by Rakeesh:

said by 08034016:

There's a catch 22 on that must not have cox service for 3 months something like that,

we did have a speed increase to POWER BOOST TOTAL 46/10 and am 97 miles from their Headquarters.

Some DSL providers Require 2 year contract,

So Google FIBER GET YOUR A$$ HERE..

Is there more than one social security number that was provisioned over 18 years ago in your household? Mull that over for a minute.
raven2510
join:2011-06-27

raven2510 to ajwees41

to ajwees41
said by ajwees41:

IF we even get and speed increase. Its been years...
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by raven2510:

said by ajwees41:

and if Cox does the increase in the so called speed like they did this time they charged me $3.00 more.

why cant they just increase the Cap to us consumers? instead of 250 GB increase this to 300 GB.

»[GA] Disappointed

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by 08034016:

said by raven2510:

said by ajwees41:

and if Cox does the increase in the so called speed like they did this time they charged me $3.00 more.

why cant they just increase the Cap to us consumers? instead of 250 GB increase this to 300 GB.

because TV needs to be protected. if they raised caps in relativity to speed or price that'd increase cord cutting.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

2 edits

08034016 (banned)

said by dvd536:

because TV needs to be protected. if they raised caps in relativity to speed or price that'd increase cord cutting.

Well Protecting the TV as you say, this is making Prices Higher no Competition like Georgia wants the Broadband ban in the state.
Competition hurts no one what so ever.

I know 9 People that canceled all or part of their service from Cox one reason the Price!. my Locals will go through my satellite which is $3.00 Cox same channels $25.66. May please be here!!!

Cox rep treated my Sister like Garbage to the point she hung up on them, shes thinking about going to satellite Much cheaper $39.99 Compared to cox 80..
Where do you think they will pass this lost revenue to that's you.

GEORGIA INTERNET KILLERS, STOP THIS ALL
»communitynets.org/tags/t ··· 282-2013

08034016 (banned)

Theres no Competition where I live no such thing theres two providers actually three Att /wind-stream and Cable which is Expensive, Comcast is coming to this area hope its my Road\, i wanna get away from cox as quickly as i can.
i can get through them 150/65 but cox offers 46/10 for the price Comcast would offer me which is $70.00 per month even if comcast is $80 still cheaper for more speed.

Do we as Consumer need Competition Yes well we get this NO.

The following Bill would have Let all providers on the existing Lines be it DSL/CABLE.The infrastructure is there but is Comcast would be allowed over Cox Lines like this bill would have allowed,We all would be Better off.
quote:
The “Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2006” proposes a change in the Clayton Antitrust Act to prohibit certain kinds of discrimination by broadband network providers. Specifically, the Act would make it unlawful for any broadband network provider to discriminate against any content, applications, or services, or to refuse to connect to other broadband providers. It would also make it unlawful for any broadband provider to restrict the sending or receiving of lawful conduct, to charge premiums for unrestricted access to lawful content
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In ··· _of_2006
They Tryed 2 years to pass this.
»www.govtrack.us/congress ··· 0/hr5994
best part
»www.govtrack.us/congress ··· congress
quote:
In the Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2006 it states that the purpose of the act is to promote competition, facilitate trade, and to ensure competitive and non discriminatory access to the internet. In short, this Act is trying to promote net neutrality.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to 08034016

Premium Member

to 08034016
Why pay 3 bucks for locals when a A/B switch with antenna will get them for free[assuming you can get locals with antenna]
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by dvd536:

Why pay 3 bucks for locals when a A/B switch with antenna will get them for free[assuming you can get locals with antenna]

True, But $3.00 not bad for locals, i will Check the OTA out!!!

MY Cellular iPhone which is 3G is sometimes is faster then COX,
I take my Ipad and Iphone 3G put it on CNN same time 3g beats COX.