share rss forum feed

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to Ctrl Alt Del

Re: You got to be kidding me a HP LaserJet 4P on Windows 7

The HP 4P is shared off a 32bit Windows 7 computer, the Epson Printer is connected via its own wireless connection, so it is just a device hanging off the network. The iPad is running Epson iPrint software and perhaps the problem is with Epson software as you have to switch to the correct wifi connection to print, whereas my Surface RT just works regardless of which wifi connection I use (ie its not dependent on a third party app to print).

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

I have an Epson Artisan 730 attached to my network, with multiple access points, and my sister is able to print to it using iPrint. The printer is connected with an ethernet cable, and the AP's all use the same SSID and password.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

The printer here is connected wirelessly.

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to Link Logger

I don't use an app for printing on the iPad as it natively uses AirPrint. The problem is finding a printer that supports AirPrint. To get around this I installed a program on one of my computers that emulates AirPrint and allows me to print to any printer that the computer can print to including printing to PDF. For me it's been a painless and trouble-free setup.