how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN

Cyfre vs Wilson Amps

In reply to this thread, I am just a tad late...

»Locking the Novatel U760 in EVDO-Only Mode(Millenicom)

The Wilson amp that my friend used that blew the Cyfre out of the water was an AG Soho 65 Booster - »www.amazon.com/Wilson-Electronic···03NQ0W1K

65 Db of gain. Obviously the price is a lot more than a Cyfre, so I am not questioning that it did better, you get what you pay for in amps I guess. It's actually overkill for my friend. I have been using my Cyfre strong for awhile, -64dbm, so I am good.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
That is a wireless system amplifier . It is not even meant to connect directly to a device . He is one lucky guy that he did not damage his device or the amplifier . Breaks FCC rules even using it in that manner . Double the price of the Cyfre direct connect . Told you , you were comparing apples to oranges . Don't believe me ? read the manual or better yet . Call Wilson and see if it is supposed to be used in that matter .

Dexter1992

Winona, MN
No I believe Max, because after I posted it, I looked at the info and it said "No physical connection needed", then I looked at the diagram an it is meant to be connected to an external indoor antenna for wireless. I was just thinking "Well, Max will point it out lol". But yeah, he is using it as a direct connect. I am not going to call Wilson, I will forward this to my friend, but do you think it can actually damage the modem? The diagram made it look like the antenna was an option. He has been using it for months no issue, -40dbm.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
Yes it can damage the modem or the device . Plus it is not approved by the FCC for use in that manner and can cause havoc with the tower management system of the carrier . Your friend has been lucky.

Dexter1992

Winona, MN
Alright thanks for the heads up, he may have to use it as it's intended.

Boogz4

join:2002-06-27
Memphis, TN
reply to Dexter1992
I thought the tower would simply reject anything that wasn't supposed to enter,like high powered signals.