uniqs
share rss forum feed

brian188
Keep your Liberalism off my paycheck
Premium
join:2006-03-23
Loveland, CO

[Voip.ms] Voip.ms and PAP2t-NA

I'm having a problem with my PAP2t and Voip.ms. First I've been using my PAP for over 6 years with Tomato loaded router without a single issue, and I am far from a novice with these devices. And been full VOIP convert since 2004. I recently ported my number to Voip.ms because QuantumVoice shut down.

Since the port about 70% of the time when lift the headset on the phone there is no dial tone. I hang up and pick it up again, there is a dial tone. It doesn't appear that the PAP ever looses registration with Voip.ms's dallas server.

No setting (other than the obvious account information) has changed in the PAP settings or the router. I've tried some changes being careful to change them back, such as ports, and port forwarding, unreplied timeouts, etc. Any suggestions, what could be causing this and how to correct?

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4

1 edit

Can you post your settings, maybe we can spot something.

Edit: Check Mango's recommended settings even though your PAP was working fine with another provider with the actual ones.

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12
reply to brian188

What is your Unreplied UDP Timeout set to? If it's greater than 15, that's causing at least part of the problem.

brian188
Premium
Loveland, CO

said by Mango:

What is your Unreplied UDP Timeout set to? If it's greater than 15, that's causing at least part of the problem.

The timeout is set to 10.

brian188
Premium
Loveland, CO
reply to Dan_voip

downloadPAP.docx.zip 62,250 bytes
SIP Settings
Thanks, I have gone through Mango's write up, and what looked like it might help I tried. That's one reason I'm feeling stumped here, Just can't pin it down.

I'll work on posting some more settings later, attached are the SIP settings.

DoctorStinky

join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME
reply to Mango

Is the Unreplied UDP Timeout something in the router or the PAP2T? If it's the latter, I'm not finding it . . . (not that I need to change it, I'm just curious)

Mango
Premium
www.toao.net

It's in the Tomato router. Setting it to 10 is a workaround for a bug that causes the NAT association to be corrupted.

brian188
Premium
Loveland, CO

Is there anything else you can think of in the router? I have 2 PAP2's with different DIDs (and voip.ms accounts.)The settings are identical (other than ports) on each PAP. I haven't noticed this problem on the other DID, although I don't use it nearly as often.

Mango
Premium
www.toao.net
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo
·Shaw
·AcroVoice

If you're sure the device is not losing registration, we need to look elsewhere for the problem. Have you tried a different phone, a different cable, and the alternate FXS port on the PAP2T?

Just to be sure, you can try to set Make Call Without Reg to Yes. If that solves the problem, then we need to take a closer look at your configuration.