Premium
join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

[Modem] Directv Whole Home Issues with Netgear 7550N Gateway Rou

Hi All

Just Reset the Entire system a few days ago, and Now the Directv Receivers lost connection again, unable to communicate to any of the Receivers, and the DVR device.

Had this Gateway Less than a year, I would think it would stay on and work properly.

Any Suggestions? Should I call at&t directv support?

Thank you All

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

Re: [Modem] Directv Whole Home Issues with Netgear 7550N Gateway

Is the DirecTV Whole-Home system even connected through the gateway? Poking around the Internet, it appears the DTV system uses coax, not Ethernet.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI

Directv Deca device from the coax cable and Ethernet Wire to the Gateway Device, when it loses the signal somehow, then have to reset all the Directv stuff, and it starts working again..

So far happened 2 times in the last week

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by computerman2:

Directv Deca device from the coax cable and Ethernet Wire to the Gateway Device, when it loses the signal somehow, then have to reset all the Directv stuff, and it starts working again..

Okay. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What is the purpose of the Ethernet connection? I connected a DTV-HR22 to a D-Link DIR-655, once, but that just allowed the HR22 to stream A-V files from the computer, and the computer to stream DVR files from the HR22. The router did not otherwise affect the satellite box.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI

Think it provides the Whole Home Connection to the Directv devices or allows On demand movie downloading is what I get from it.

Once it loses connection cannot access whole home playlist, download on demand movies or any of that.