uniqs

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Half of China's PC infected by malware

Only half as I would have thought more then that.
quote:
Nearly 55 percent of Windows PCs in China were infected with malware in 2012, said Spanish anti-virus software maker Panda Labs in its annual security report.
I was surprised at some of the other countries as well in this report.

»www.nbcnews.com/technolo ··· B8290982

Blake

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

FYI, then != than.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
The enormous difference in China infection results reported by Panda (~55%) versus Microsoft (~0.5%) gives great pause to acceptance of either set of numbers as reasonably representing what both assert: comparative infection rates of computers in various locales. Even granting that MS bases its numbers on MSRT data (a limited range of "prevalent" malicious software, to use MS's own wording) and that Panda uses its Collective Intel service's data (which apparently views a broader horizon of malware variants), a 110:1 disparity of alleged infection rates, by normal science methodolgy, is indicative of something very wrong with either/both stats or else the two measurement methods and/or samples are so utterly dissimilar as to be incomparable - hence beyond rational interpretation.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

I'd go with Panda's numbers and then some as I've easily Pown3d over half of the Chinese PCs, just wait till I turn that BotArmy loose, I'll easily be able to drop anything I want on the internet and likely be able to drop the internet itself by selecting a couple key targets.

Dr. Evil

TheJoker
MVM
join:2001-04-26
Charlottesville, VA

2 recommendations

TheJoker to Link Logger

MVM

to Link Logger
When a high percentage of systems have pirated software, it's not surprising that a high percentage are also infected.