Search similar:

uniqs
jwillisbarri
join:2005-03-22
Barrie, ON

1 edit

jwillisbarri

[Mobile] SMTP Blackberry 10 setup - possible solution

Anyone having any issues with SMTP on Blackberry 10 on BELL?

I found this older post that looks like it solves the issue.
»Re: Can't use SMTP with an iPad; Bell says not supported :(

If it's SMTP you need (ie -> being able to *send* mail) then try this: 67.69.240.69 [this is for Bell Mobility users]
Port 25, no authentication, no SSL. [no user name or password]
[The official SMTP server is: mail.1xbell.ca]
Been working for me for quite a while.
Originally posted by sm5w2 2012-03-15 21:10:29

[Also according to Blackberry you need to be on mobility network only, no local Wi-Fi to send messages]

Jim

A non
@videotron.ca

A non

Anon

lots of SMTP issues with bell mail lately. One possible fix is to use port 587 instead of 25
Mister_E
join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON

Mister_E to jwillisbarri

to jwillisbarri
What smtp server are you using? Have you tried smtp10.bellnet.ca without authentication/encryption?

Otherwise, if this is for a Bell/Sympatico email address, have you tried using the m.hotmail.com servers and setting up as imap?
jwillisbarri
join:2005-03-22
Barrie, ON

jwillisbarri

Just tried smtp10.bellnet.ca without authentication/encryption - did not work, but there seems to be a problem with network right now.

Both emails I am trying to get to work are non-Bell addresses.
jwillisbarri

jwillisbarri to A non

to A non
Tried 587 just now, did not work. You are right there are lots of problems with network right now.
It is working if I have Wi-Fi off - mail.1xbell.ca for server and no user id or password and port 25
Mister_E
join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON

Mister_E to jwillisbarri

to jwillisbarri
What ISP are you using for your home network? It looks like you're using TekSavvy...

On Wi-Fi, you're using your ISP for internet access and most of them will limit SMTP access to their servers...One way around that is to use a different port - if the smtp server you're trying to use supports it.