how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Omn1Slash

join:2008-08-07
Cleveland, OH

Linksys Pap2

I was with your company a few years ago, and I brought my own Linksys Pap2 device for the service. Now I am trying to use it and I understand it is locked down with a "admin" login on the web interface screen. I need this password. This is my device, and I need to be able to do a full factory reset. Can someone please assist?

fredbisard

@charter.com

this doesn't work anymore?

Pick up the receiver of any phone connected to the Linksys PAP2 unit.

Press the "*" (star) key four times and wait for the voice on the receiver to confirm the PAP2 unit is in the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) configuration menu.

Dial "73738#" and wait for the voice on the receiver to ask you if you are sure you want to reset the unit.

4. Press "1" to confirm the reset.

Omn1Slash

join:2008-08-07
Cleveland, OH

fredbisard, thanks for your help - I have been doing research on this for 4 hours or so and I've tried that. After doing the reset it allows me into the web portal, but when I click "admin" to clear out the Vonage information (That it uses to phone home, and re-lock the device) it asks for another user/password which supposedly Vonage has and or refuses to release. The thing is - I didnt buy this device from Vonage, I brought it to their service years ago. I dont think its fair that they should assume control. I can verify whatever information (serial number, etc) that they need, but I'm out $40 if this isnt resolved.

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit

said by Omn1Slash:

I was with your company a few years ago, and I brought my own Linksys Pap2 device for the service. Now I am trying to use it and I understand it is locked down with a "admin" login on the web interface screen. I need this password. This is my device, and I need to be able to do a full factory reset. Can someone please assist?

said by Omn1Slash:

fredbisard, thanks for your help - I have been doing research on this for 4 hours or so and I've tried that. After doing the reset it allows me into the web portal, but when I click "admin" to clear out the Vonage information (That it uses to phone home, and re-lock the device) it asks for another user/password which supposedly Vonage has and or refuses to release. The thing is - I didnt buy this device from Vonage, I brought it to their service years ago. I dont think its fair that they should assume control. I can verify whatever information (serial number, etc) that they need, but I'm out $40 if this isnt resolved.

I think that you are somewhat confused about where you are posting. This is not an official Vonage forum. There are no Vonage employees associated with this forum who can provide the information you want. You need to directly contact Vonage support (although I doubt they will unlock your PAP2).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Omn1Slash

You might want to try posting in the "official" Vonage forums.

»forums.vonage.com/index.php?s=74···1d2cde35
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/