Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Desdinova
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Gaithersburg, MD

Help Needed For App That Won't Run

I picked up the Gary Numan Now & Then app when it first was offered on Google Play and despite several attempts to install it on my Transformer TF201, it won't run. Each time I installed it, it downloaded 156 MBs of data so I'm assuming the audio and video files are on the tablet somewhere but I haven't tracked them down.

I don't know tons about Android but is it reasonable to assume that the files (the app consists of interviews and remixes) are accessible and playable as individual files?

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
(PLEASE NOTE: THE ALBUM WILL NOT DOWNLOAD DIRECT TO YOUR TABLET. YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER FIRST. THEN YOU CAN PUT IT ON YOUR TABLET OR MP3 PLAYER IN THE USUAL WAY)
^ That's directly from the app description on Google Play. No idea what it means as that just sounds silly...however, you'll note that in the reviews, there are complaints that the app won't run and apparently no response from the developer.

The files wouldn't necessarily be available individually. They could be baked into the app.
--
Weeeeeee

Desdinova
Premium
Gaithersburg, MD
reply to Desdinova
Poop. That's what I was afraid of. Is there a default location where the app might have downloaded? Since I pretty much only know Windows, I'm used to being asked where I want to install a program. Since I'm never asked that when I download and install an app, I'm assuming there's an elephant's graveyard so to speak where all apps go. Am I wrong about this?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
reply to Desdinova
said by Desdinova:

Since I pretty much only know Windows,

You really need to get out more lol. Anyways, user apps themselves get installed under /data. However, that is where the app itself and(sometimes) its config is. Other config data and downloaded files, however, are put in locations chosen by the app. It's usually under /mnt/sdcard somewhere, which is your user directory. All I can say is browse around with a file manager.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to Desdinova
Since the instructions say to copy the files (MP3 ?) to your phone "the usual way", I'm certain that you can place them anywhere on your SD card. When you run the app, it either locates the files by their filename (don't change the name !) or it asks you where you copied them.

Desdinova
Premium
Gaithersburg, MD
reply to Desdinova
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions (and yeah, I DO need to spend more time with OS's outside of Windows *grin*). I'll look in the suggested locations and hopefully will find some unbaked files that I can export and enjoy. If not, I guess I'll have to start checking torrent sites for the content that's supposed to be available to me through legitimate channels. *sigh*