Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

[Tablet] Return key and "ENTER" function

I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet which I am very happy with except for one thing that is driving me nuts. When I try to post on facebook (or any other forum that requires you to submit a post/form by hitting the "enter" key), I'm unable to. The virtual keyboard has a "return" key, but it doesn't function as an "enter" key in these situations. Hitting it simply drops my post text down to a new line. Facebook has no "submit" button, so there is no way to submit my completed post.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Re: [Tablet] Return key and "ENTER" function

I'm curious. Are you using the Facebook app, or the mobile website?

There is always a "Post" button (or similar) near the top of the application in areas where it's required.

I'm also not aware of any apps that require you to hit enter currently. At least none that I've come across in OS's above 2.2.

That being said, there may possibly a setting within whatever app you're using or the settings for whichever keyboard you're using specifically for that function.
--
Weeeeeee

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

I'm not using either. I don't like the facebook ap or the mobile website. I prefer to just view the normal site as I would from my desktop. As far as facebook goes, a "post" button only appears in the status update section. If I want to post a status update the button is there, so I can post it. But if I want to post a general post, there is no "post" button available, and hitting "enter" doesn't submit the post.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to Justakiwi

I vaguely remember there being an option on Facebook specifically for this. Can't seem to find it now though.
--
Weeeeeee