spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pmcdunnough

join:2012-02-03

[Internet] FibeTV Internet + Router to handle DHCP to LAN

I recently switched to FibeTV 25/10 FTTN for our internet. The Sagecom modem seems to require DHCP+ DNS forwarding in order for the TV's to receive TV. I have a LAN with a NAS that has been providing DNS and DHCP service to both wired and wireless devices. This now seems to be impossible with my current FibeTV. Is there something I could do to isolate the Fibe TV DHCP, especially the Bell DNS #'s, from the LAN. I have an Airport Express (new) and an AirPort Extreme (new) that could be used if that would work. Ideally the TV's would be on 192.168.1.x and the LAN on 192.168.2.x and somehow the thing would sit between the LAN and Sagecom. That doesn't seem to work unfortunately. So, my idea was to have the Sagecom at 192.168.1.1 and connected via ethernet to the Airport Extreme/Express which would then be connected to the LAN. The AirPort Extreme/Express would somehow have 192.168.2.1 on one side and receive the DHCP stuff from the Sagecom. I would in effect be routing wireless and wired devices through the Airport box to the Sagecom. My Lan would have 192.168.2.1 as the gateway and the Airport box would have 192.168.1.1 as the gateway to the internet. I can't seem to get this to work. Has anyone done anything similar?

philip