UPS, ONT + IPTV Router
Click for full size
3 boxes
Click for full size
Switch
Click for full size
Desk
Good morning,

I had post in the past some pic of my network.. but none of them was final.

A few week ago, I decide to recable all my appartment. I have a full floor and half of the basement. Eventually I will complete when I will take ownership of the second half.

I'm having FTTH with iptv. So on the wall, there is the ups and ONT, and under, the Connection hub from my provider, that I use now only for iptv.

Under it, the ups for all my office, an Asterisk box, and my router, a Juniper ssg140

The switch, is a foundry GS648p-poe. I have IP phones too in the house. I had setted up 3 vlan. One for IPTV, one for my lan, and the other have a purpose to allow my juniper to initiate pppoe over a vlan that my ISP require. Im not using the Connection Hub for my connection, as I should. I had them enable a second port on the ONT so I can plug my router directly. I have a 50/50 connection.

Then to finish, My desk. Intel I7, 16gb of ram, running win8, and next to it, a small win7 box, that I use only for RDP.

Yes yes.. I know, some of you will mention that its not a good Idea to put the switch that way. I had no choice, and I had ordered small caps to cover empty ports.
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

Rigor_M

join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

1 edit

Nice job !

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Frank_IT

said by Frank_IT:

Good morning,

I had post in the past some pic of my network.. but none of them was final.

A few week ago, I decide to recable all my appartment. I have a full floor and half of the basement. Eventually I will complete when I will take ownership of the second half.

I'm having FTTH with iptv. So on the wall, there is the ups and ONT, and under, the Connection hub from my provider, that I use now only for iptv.

Under it, the ups for all my office, an Asterisk box, and my router, a Juniper ssg140

The switch, is a foundry GS648p-poe. I have IP phones too in the house. I had setted up 3 vlan. One for IPTV, one for my lan, and the other have a purpose to allow my juniper to initiate pppoe over a vlan that my ISP require. Im not using the Connection Hub for my connection, as I should. I had them enable a second port on the ONT so I can plug my router directly. I have a 50/50 connection.

Then to finish, My desk. Intel I7, 16gb of ram, running win8, and next to it, a small win7 box, that I use only for RDP.

Yes yes.. I know, some of you will mention that its not a good Idea to put the switch that way. I had no choice, and I had ordered small caps to cover empty ports.

Who is your SIP provider?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to Frank_IT

You always have a choice. Get a small network rack and start putting some of that equipment in it.

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to sk1939

Voip.ms

Frank_IT
Premium
Montreal
reply to beachintech

said by beachintech:

You always have a choice. Get a small network rack and start putting some of that equipment in it.

No as the place is limited in that area. I have my electrical panel in the door on the left
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06

said by Frank_IT:

said by beachintech:

No as the place is limited in that area. I have my electrical panel in the door on the left

Where you have that wood contraption would be the perfect place for a rack, you could even put all that stuff in it

Frank_IT
Premium
Montreal
reply to Frank_IT

No, because there is a door on the wall that I need access.
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
reply to Frank_IT

Ikea has the perfect rack for you. Its called the Lack.

»www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/produ···0104270/

Search for "lack rack."

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

said by TomS_:

Ikea has the perfect rack for you. Its called the Lack.

»www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/produ···0104270/

Search for "lack rack."

Winnar by a long shot!
--
Matt Barlow Rules! Bring him back to Iced Earth! \m/