spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

d00m

@supplychain.com

[Cable] Do different cable feeds run over the same coax wires?

Sorry if this question is a bit noobish, but I am wondering if cable companies use the same coax wires that run pole to pole?

I am trying to get Comcast Internet but it seems my area is serviced to another cable company which doesn't even offer internet. People have comcast about 2 blocks everywhere around me.

All my wires are underground whereas people with comcast are from the poles. The nearest line feed I think is about 300 ft away across a big street. I was thinking of subscribing to the other cable company then getting a comcast modem.

If not, is there anyway I could get a line feed to my house somehow? I already called Comcast and they are dragging their feet on this.

Thanks

kontos
xyzzy

join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

Re: [Cable] Do different cable feeds run over the same coax wire

No, each provider will use it's own wires.
It may be possible to get Comcast service extended to your residence, but it would be expensive. It becomes MUCH less likely if you're not the owner of the property, or have a HOA or somebody like that that would have a say in how Comcast would run the lines. It is also a problem if the lines have to cross some sort of Municipal Boundry.

p110011

join:2001-12-29
Oregon City, OR
reply to d00m

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to d00m
said by d00m :

Sorry if this question is a bit noobish, but I am wondering if cable companies use the same coax wires that run pole to pole?

I am trying to get Comcast Internet but it seems my area is serviced to another cable company which doesn't even offer internet. People have comcast about 2 blocks everywhere around me.

will thats a Great question in a way they can use the same Cable line if this LAW PASSED.

H.R.5994 - Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2008

Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 - Amends the Clayton Act to prohibit any broadband network provider from:
(1) failing to provide its services on reasonable and nondiscriminatory terms;
(2) refusing to interconnect its facilities with those of another service provider on reasonable and nondiscriminatory terms;

»www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h5994/show
»thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c···.R.5994:
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php