spc
uniqs

anthony1
@74.198.150.x

anthony1 to Jumpy

Anon

to Jumpy

Re: [BC] BB50 disconnecting every hour in vancouver

I'm not sure what you mean by cable modem, but the connection drops are so short ( 2-3 seconds ) that i cant tell if the lights go off. The router is a cisco dpc3825 standalone gateway and not in bridge mode

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

jtl999

Check all connections then use the reset hole on the modem to do a 30/30/30 hold it down for 30seconds keep holding it down when unpluged for another 30 then plug it in and hold for another 30 without releasing. If that does not work get the modem replaced.

»compnetworking.about.com ··· ters.htm
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

Sounds like maybe there is a DHCP issue on the router. I'd log in and see how long the router's DHCP leases are set to. If it's 1 hr, then that is likely the problem. Windows 7 doesn't like that...

anrhony1
@74.198.150.x

anrhony1

Anon

I already changed my dchp lease time to one week up from an hour, it still dc's

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

How many internet devices do you have? Does it happen on all of them? Or just this one?

anthony1
@74.198.150.x

anthony1

Anon

I have 2 machines that use this gateway, and occasionally my laptop. My main machine is plugged directly into the gateway via ethernet and the other machine is wireless, however, the wireless is quite bad, i can have my laptop sitting right beside the gateway and it will still drop the connection every 10 minutes.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

You should have two IP address available on your account, have your modem bridged (you will lose the wireless), and see if it continues to happen.