spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dreads

@rogers.com

Can't get satellite... what are my options?

Is Rogers really the only cable TV provider in the Kitchener area? I was ready to switch to Bell after my experiences with Rogers customer support (or lack there of...). I had even the Bell guys out to my house to hook everything up but the tech said there could be issues in the summer with the tree in front blowing and blocking the signal. He suggested waiting till the summer and having them come back and do a test.

I contacted support after they left and asked about Fibe TV and Internet but apparently it won't be here for another 12-24 months. Eek!

So... what do I do? I'm pretty well fed up with the way Rogers has been treating me and the package Bell was offering was so much better (Unlimited Internet, unlimited provincial long distance, no extra charge HD channels).

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

If you're in a Roger's territory, they are going to be the only game in town for cable TV...

Options?

OTA - which isn't going to be much in Kitchener

Sat - (either Shaw direct or Bell as legal options, grey market US as less-legal ones...).

Wait for Fibe - (which by all accounts is pretty damn awesome - I'm familiar with the Mediaroom backend software they use, it's impressive)

Can always threaten to cancel rogers, and ask to speak to retentions... They have a LOT more options available to offer, when it comes to pricing and packages. Key is to mention a specific provider... If you say you're going to leave, that get's a different response then saying you're going to go to Bell...

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Dreads

Zazeen IPTV is available in your area, that's another option.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Dreads

Netflix and HuluPlus and use a VPN service to make 'em think you're American...and use a Oregon address if you want to watch MLB Baseball and not have Toronto blacked out.

Or simply cut down the tree....if you want satellite.
Now, I am wondering if you could get Telus if you have a friend out west? Or as other have mentioned, you could try for Dish or some other US satellite provider...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Dreads

@rogers.com

said by LazMan:

Can always threaten to cancel rogers, and ask to speak to retentions

I'm thinking this i probably what I'm going to have to do... at least until Fibe is available. I've heard good things.

said by J E F F:

Or simply cut down the tree

No can do as it is not on my property. It's on the city's.

I wish there wasn't such a monopoly on cable.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada

How big/high is this tree? Take a pic

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Dreads

Bell and shaws sats are in different locations so try shaw

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

Correct. Shaw Direct satellites are about 20 degrees further west than the Bell ones.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes