Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

[Help] Nexus 10 and Gun Bros Problem

Just got a Nexus 10 for my cousin 2 days ago and it's running Android 4.2.1 on it. It's stock (not-rooted), and has close to the full 32GB of memory on it still free.

There's a game we like to play called Gun Bros and he has no problem playing it on his Galaxy nexus running Android 4.0, nor do I have any problems playing it on my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.1, or my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 4.0. For some reason when he downloaded and installed Gun Bros and the resource pack, when he clicks the app to open it up, the game screen barely opens up for less than a fraction of a second then closes and takes him back to his desktop. What can we do to get this working in order for us to enjoy playing this game together?

I have also emailed Glu for technical support (which was less than helpful), and I also tried the steps listed on their website:

said by »www.glu.com/node/16174 :

[Android only] I have tried the tips under the General Troubleshooting FAQ but Gun Bros is still crashing/not loading

You can try forcing a re-install of the resource files. This won't affect your savegame.

Firstly, make sure you're on a good, reliable WiFi connection, because this is a relatively large download.

You'll need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it.

The location of these resource files on the SD card should be:

/Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free

Clear cache by going to your device's Settings, then Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and hit "Clear Data"

Then launch the game as usual and it will automatically re-download those files.

DO NOT UNINSTALL OR DELETE THE GAME or you will lose your savegame data which is not recoverable.

Help!!!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Damn.... Not one response???!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix

.:Bump!:.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to Alpha Phoenix

NOTE: this will wipe all settings for the game and possibly the downloaded content, make sure you have an internet connection to re-validate the game

Did you try:

Settings, Apps, click on "gun bros*", click "clear data".

Then try launching it.

* i dont have that app but if you dont see gun bros look for the app with the same icon as gun bros.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Yep. That was the first ting I tried before the steps detailed above. Still doesn't work.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

Best bet is gonna be:

»glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Did that already. They are of no help. Boilerplate cut and paste responses with no attention to what I actually wrote them. They are responding asking me information that I already included in the initial e-mail to them, and they are just copying and pasting the boilerplate fix that I included in my original post, and the same response you included in your first post. That's why I came here looking for help.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

1 edit

1 recommendation

Have you looked at the App reviews sorted for same device, to see if others are having the problem??? (under Options on the see all reviews screen)

Its not always just the OS ver. but the possible hardware conflicts too.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Hmmmm... Great idea. I'll take a look at that. Never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.
--