Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA

Thunderbolt wtf?

So I got an auto update to ice cream sandwich, which I really didn't want or need. Now my POS phone is totally crippled. It was bad before now it's just horrendous. I can't even load any text messages, all my apps load god awful slow, and what used to be smooth transitions between screens and menus is delayed and juttery. Anyone else having issues? Know of any quick fixes?

I seriously can't believe this crap. I'm glad I'm due for an upgrade in a few days. I hate this phone so much that I will never purchase HTC ever again. I don't care if they've improved somewhat. This is how bad of a taste this garbage has left in my mouth.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
I have no serious issues with mine however, I am finding some stuff that I don't like with the latest update. The new layout sucks, moving between each desktop is now clunky, one of the hidden menus is now gone.

In looking for answers the only way to go back to the old HTC Sense is to find a skin or root the phone and flash it back.

My thunderbolt kicks ass but that latest update was just pitiful.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

jrp78

@myvzw.com
The best thing to try is a full data reset on the phone. Yes, reloading everything sucks but it helps in many cases when there are major updates.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to sleuth
said by sleuth:

I'm glad I'm due for an upgrade in a few days.

Is it worth whining over then ? If it's sooooo bad, maybe VZW will let you upgrade "early".

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
said by Hall:

said by sleuth:

I'm glad I'm due for an upgrade in a few days.

Is it worth whining over then ? If it's sooooo bad, maybe VZW will let you upgrade "early".

When I have no access to text messages? Absolutely.
Expand your moderator at work

hoyleysox
Premium
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA
reply to sleuth

Re: Thunderbolt wtf?

I had a similar slow response issue before the ICS upgrade. Performance improved after clearing the cache.ings->Storage>Make More Space [Internal]>All Apps