spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gwizzy
@bankone.com

Gwizzy

Anon

Sony NSZGS7 Media Player & Ultra TV?

I just place an order with WOW to save a little money by switching from my current WOW Package, over to Ultra TV. Will I still be able to plug my Sony NSZGS7 Media Player in like before? I liked that I didn't have to have my PC on with Plex running in order to stream Netflix. I also liked the ability to use YouTube, Crackle, Chrome, Hulu+, and my Android Cell phone as a remote or to catch/throw video back and forth. The double sided Sony remote is also a great all-in one remote.

It saves me $50 a month, but I really like the Sony set-top media box.
Gwizzy

Gwizzy

Anon

Man, I started reading the reviews of Ultra TV, and I'm really begining to wonder if I'm making the right choice!?! Does anybody have ANYTHING positive to say about it?
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt

I've had it for a year.

My wife and I are happy with it. We have over 50 show in the schedule no missed so far. Quality on par with the old SA box. I love that i can play shows at either TV. It does a nice job streaming from my home server.

We don't use the wifi from it. No Internet issues when using the wired ports.

Vggvh
@wideopenwest.com

Vggvh

Anon

The Sony device may not be able to interface and control ultra tv like it does some DVRs, but if you put it a d ultra on two different HDMI inputs, the Sony can work as a stand alone device.

Gwizzy
@chase.com

Gwizzy

Anon

Didn't think of that... so worse case I can't control my DVR/Cable through it, but could still have the rest of the apps... hmmmm back to multiple remotes I guess! lol

UltraTVuser
@wideopenwest.com

UltraTVuser to Gwizzy

Anon

to Gwizzy
I would just download playon server and use that for netflix, crackle, youtube, chrome, hulu+. You should also be able to get the playon server on your android and do the catch/throw video back and forth.

Gwizzy
@bankone.com

Gwizzy

Anon

Eveything through the connected media server looks like poor quality when I view it through the WOW gateway. But when i use my PC or Google gateway, it looks like normal/HD.

I'll try Playon, but I really do like PLEX...