share rss forum feed

keason
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..

Press release says CS was differentiator

JDP claims that phone and in-store support was better on shared plans, which accounts for the higher scores. What is really shocking is how poorly all of the carriers scored how littled difference there is between all of the major carriers - 5% or so on their 1000 point scale.

The real reason that consumers are happier with their shared plans is probably because it's addressed their old points of pain. Nearly everyone has experienced a voice or text overage , and responded by overbuying on their next plan. It's all gone with the new unlimited plans. Now V&T have set up a new point of pain (data) which grows 30%+/yr, setting up those same shared plan customers for massive overages toward the end of their contracts, or modest increases if they increase their data allotments.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
So if I am on an old grandfathered plan, I get worse store support than if I am on a new $share everything plan?

Or is it that I walk out of the store feeling "robbed" and angry by the terms, conditions and cost of having to leave the old Grandfathered plan if I want to upgrade a phone and keep my old plan?

I call BS.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to keason
said by keason:

The real reason that consumers are happier with their shared plans is probably because it's addressed their old points of pain. Nearly everyone has experienced a voice or text overage , and responded by overbuying on their next plan. It's all gone with the new unlimited plans.

Really? Can't tell you the last time I had a voice overage. Everyone I call is "in network". Before I left AT&T for Verizon I think we had like 3k rollover minutes.

And I don't text so I could care less. Everyone I want to text to is on iMessage so that's data. Those that text me get a call back. I think my total text bill for last year was $5.00.

I'll run the #'s but I don't see how for us (2 iPhones, 1 dumbphone, no texting) it would save us $$. Last time I ran it, it would up our bill $20 and give us less (I'm on unlimited data).