Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to SpHeRe31459

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials flunks independent test

Click for full size
said by SpHeRe31459:

Huh, says it is. I can't see why it wouldn't be Win 8 compatible.
»www.superantispyware.com/support···ml?faq=6
People report it working on Win8 if you google it too.

Nick needs to fix the main page then...which says copyright 2013 but someone forgot to add Win 8 there.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

I have heard that a lot of apps that work under Win 7 would not work under Win 8.

Rexter
YeeHaw

join:2002-11-17
cloud 9

I haven't seen any yet. I'd say you were given false information. It's built on the longhorn core just like Windows 7, and Vista. It's all Windows 6.x.
--
I'm with the Central Government. I'm here to help you. Now bend over, really, I'm helping you, just, just stay still. You'll feel better in a moment.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to Mele20

said by Mele20:

No, I have tried SIX TIMES FROM DIFFERENT DOWNLOAD SITES and ALL install the Pro trial version. There is NO way to decline the trial!

I just installed it from the site Malwarebytes directed me to. Got the free version, which shows the options Pro has but they aren't available unless I go through the upgrade process so, it's not the Pro trial. A trial is where it's available for a limited time.

Works fine for me.
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, back it up... Somethimes 99.999% availability isn't even good enough.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Oleg

said by Oleg:

What is Windows 8 ?

The new Windows Me.
In regards to previous excellent releases Microsoft did a great job with (Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 7) I usualy wait until at least SP1 came out.

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to Rexter

said by Rexter:

I haven't seen any yet. I'd say you were given false information. It's built on the longhorn core just like Windows 7, and Vista. It's all Windows 6.x.

Exactly

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to DrDrew

said by DrDrew:

said by Mele20:

No, I have tried SIX TIMES FROM DIFFERENT DOWNLOAD SITES and ALL install the Pro trial version. There is NO way to decline the trial!

I just installed it from the site Malwarebytes directed me to. Got the free version, which shows the options Pro has but they aren't available unless I go through the upgrade process so, it's not the Pro trial. A trial is where it's available for a limited time.

Works fine for me.

You proved my point! Thank you! Malwarebytes is a cynical asshole. They force you to use download.com if you want to get the free version. They know download.com should be avoided at all costs and never used and never recommended. The site has a very long history of installing INFECTED software FREQUENTLY. Malwarebytes knows this. So, they must hope users get infected at download.com because they will likely use it for other downloads also and then Malwarebytes can prove how essential it is for the user to have.

Everywhere else it is the Pro version and it has buy button on it and says "trial" on it. A antimalware vendor that refuses to let you get the program from them is either already a bad program or on the way the down.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to SpHeRe31459

said by SpHeRe31459:

said by Rexter:

Exactly

Then why do the majority of security programs NOT work on Win 8? Since you haven't seen any yet that must mean you don't use security programs.
--

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to Mele20

I didn't get it from download.com

If you read the FAQ you can also get it here:
»downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam