I'll be happy to address your concerns here (up to number 6 which I will leave for the community)
1. Is there an activation fee, new number fee or transfer fee?
No, there is no fee for these changes.
2. Found a Cisco SPA122 for $40 rather then the $70+$10 Teksavvy is charging. If I purchase it instead will I still be able to get help setting up?
Unfortunately no, if the ATA was not purchased through us it is a self support option. We will provide you with all the information you would need to setup the ATA but will not guide you through it.
3. Would like to test TekTalk before porting my number. Am I able to get a random number temporarily for 2 month and if satisfied proceed to port my number in and if so are there any additional charges.
You can absolutely do this, and there will be no additional fee for the port.
4. If by any chance I want to switch back to Bell a year down will I be able to bring my Phone number back?
Why on earth would you want to do that!? lol
Seriously though, there will be no problem with that either, the number will still be portable.
5. If I put the ATA, Router, Modem on a UPS will a power outage not affect me?
This would depend on the strength of the UPS, the length of the outage, and the severity of the outage (whether the Internet service in your area is actually affected or if the only thing stopping your connection is loss of power to the modem).
If you have any further question, don't hesitate to ask.
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )