join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru

Re: JD Showers...

said by ropeguru:

said by chamberc:

Having our family on a shared data plan has saved us a bundle. 4 smartphones, 8 GB of data and unlimited everything else for less than $200...

Really?

I just looked at VZW's share everything plan and came up with the following:

4 smartphones $40ea x 4 = $160/month
8GB data plan w/ unl talk and text $90/month

Total $250/month before taxes and fees

So just how do you have what you stated for under $200 for the normal month plan cost AND taxes/fees??

22% discount through my employer...

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by chamberc:

said by ropeguru:

said by chamberc:

Having our family on a shared data plan has saved us a bundle. 4 smartphones, 8 GB of data and unlimited everything else for less than $200...

Really?

I just looked at VZW's share everything plan and came up with the following:

4 smartphones $40ea x 4 = $160/month
8GB data plan w/ unl talk and text $90/month

Total $250/month before taxes and fees

So just how do you have what you stated for under $200 for the normal month plan cost AND taxes/fees??

Then that is not comparable.. Nice deception on how the shared plans are better though..

MPScan
Premium Member
join:2001-08-24
Boston, MA

MPScan to chamberc

Premium Member

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

I get the same. Three smartphones, one tablet, 8GB shared data, and and unlimited voice/text for ~$195.
ptb42
join:2002-09-30
USA

1 recommendation

ptb42 to ropeguru

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

Then that is not comparable.. Nice deception on how the shared plans are better though..

As long as you apply the corporate discount to both, they are comparable, and it's not a deception.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by ptb42:

said by ropeguru:

As long as you apply the corporate discount to both, they are comparable, and it's not a deception.

But he was not giving all the info in his original post, hence the deception
ptb42
join:2002-09-30
USA

ptb42

said by ropeguru:

But he was not giving all the info in his original post, hence the deception

There was no deception. He said that he is saving additional money over the non-shared plan. His corporate discount is irrelevant, as long as he applied it both before and after. If he claimed he was saving money after switching to both a shared plan AND a corporate rate, then that would be a deception.

But, he didn't do that. And, another poster showed exactly how he saved additional money, with the corporate rate before and after. I have done the same: My bill was about $180 before, and is now about $160 -- and that's with a 19% discount.

You will have to accept that for many users, the shared plan works. My wife is a very light data user (100M/month), leaving most of the data for me to use when tethering my laptop or tablet while I'm on the road. I no longer have to pay a premium for tethering, either.